Miami Mutton Report 6/5/12 the invincible

Florida Sportsman

Miami Mutton Report 6/5/12 the invincible

Today I went on an Invincible boat for the first time, nice boat. Three 300 4/strk yam.
    Two kids and the father, He didnít have time to set up good and he had a fortress anchor that came with this boat he just purchased so we tried anchoring in the fist spot and the anchor kept dragging when it anchored we had gone too far, so they put the anchor ball on and we ended up with the chain only and the anchor was hanging on the ball. Picked up the ball and anchor and we re set, after anchoring good we start our chum and the fish showed up right away. current was good to the north and the seas were 2 to 3 feet and dropping, after setting up the father for the bottom, I started to coach the kids on catching these tails and so they did, the younger brother was getting the technique good and was getting a hit on most baits, the older brother was catching also well but needed a little more practice which he did acquire after a few misses, the little guy ha d a few big bonitos in the mix that gave him a work out, one took him under the anchor line and after handing me the rod , I untangled him and gave him the rod back to continue the fight, that finally ended after a little help from a non invited guest that clipped the tail off the bonito easing the battle, after a pic and a 2 min brake he was hooked up again with another bonito that also got clipped by a big cuda next to the boat. She also took a few tails too. after we tried to move to another spot and the anchor while pulling it with the ball came clear off and we lost the only anchor we had, next I tried a few drifts over a deep wreck marking a load of fish and we got one nice hit that came off the hook and another that took the bait and after headed in early with two dozen tails and two bonitos, not one bottom hit..these spots we fished were not the usual spots, here are some picks.

Sounds it was a little more complicated than usual cause of the anchor. The older kid looks like he is ready for winter!

I bet the kids enjoyed the trip, especailly the younger son! That is what it's all about anyway.....

ha! I agree those aluminum anchors are down right worthless! ( I have one by my front gate that popped the flukes off in a storm off orange cay and I got to hold up in the wind for a while..) great fishing with a family there kid! keep it up they always remember good fish! after all so do you..