Welcome mats to wade fishing

Florida Sportsman

Welcome mats to wade fishing

Well after getting into saltwater fishing I finally decided to try my luck wading. Fished in little sarasota bay by Blackburn point bridge with frozen finger mullet, live shrimp, and gulp shad tails. My live shrimp under a cork was promptly hit by a school of tailing reds, none of which took a real hit at it, preferring to instead nibble away at 4 of my shrimp. I waded/swam over to a mangrove island and cast my gulp shad into the shallows and bumped on the bottom. On my 4th cast some thing hit my lure hard about 3-4 feet away from me. Found a 20-inch flounder, followed up by 2 more doormats and a snook! All in all, a very good intro to wade fishing, especially since flounder is one of my favorite fish to eat.

Wading is what some of the most succesful shallow water fishing techniques..keep the reports coming..
    larrywitt

Nice!!! Did you get any pics you could show us??

I kayak a lot and then wade (saves on the swimming with gear) and makes you a little more mobile. Good success on tailing reads. I can get to flats that aren't fished much. Give it a try.

Good report, and welcome
    Cheap, fast, reliable - pick two . . .

Nice report!!!!!!Need pics!!!!Blackburn bridge area has great fishing. Been fishing Blackburn area for years. The flounder bite should heat up in the next few months. Also lots of trout, reds and snook in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by gasparilla View Post
    Good report, and welcome
    Yeah, but It was pretty dark and didnt take my phone so unfortunately no pics

jeevy
    thats fantastic bigfinn. I went wadefishing for the snapper and spanish mack at the same place too!

Hey this is rely old jeevesh
    Quote Originally Posted by jeevy View Post
    thats fantastic bigfinn. I went wadefishing for the snapper and spanish mack at the same place too!

jeevy
    yea, i just realized that....