The Matlacha/Pine Island Snook Bite

Florida Sportsman

The Matlacha/Pine Island Snook Bite

Thought I'd make a quick post to confirm what a few other folks here are reporting. There is definitely some excellent snook action going on in the Pass and PI Sound right now. I'm spending most mornings chasing tarpon right now but they have a habit of calling it quits around 10AM and that's when I go after the linesiders. The miles of shoreline around Burnt Store has been really productive this last week. The best catch was my neighbor's son Sam who was in town from Montana and landed this slob on a white Zoom.

Sam's dad Mike also scored a smaller fish with a Gulp while casting to rolling tarpon first thing in the morning.

I nailed one myself on the way to the boat ramp on a Zara Spook.

I've seen some even bigger fish posted here recently which is a great sign that our snook population has rebounded better than expected.

Nice snook. My brother-in-law got into them last weekend around the backside of Captiva. Nothing of that size though. Hoping to get there in a couple weeks.

Nice job captain!! Quality snook

Nice Monster! atleast I know where all the snook went from the river. I am headed out to Matlacha this weekend to hook up on some snook if all goes well. the river has been slow at night. I have caught quite a few during the day but they seem to be staying off the lights right now for some reason