North Jetty,Venice. Info and ideas??
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS

North Jetty,Venice. Info and ideas??

Iam new to this forum. Name is Thomas.

I have never been to the north jetty in venice but i know friend who goes down there all the time and catches big snook. He has told me some of the things he uses and does to catch the fish there. I am just looking for a little more insight on this place. I live in Bradenton so iam making about a 45min drive south just to fish there on thursday. I plan on being there at 8am and not leaving till that evening. I wanting to know what is good to use in the morning, day time, and later in the evening. I use doa shrimp all the time when i go fishing and i catch a lot of trout and ocassionally some redfish. But i do know that it can be windy at the jetty and a doa might not be heavy enough. I dont know if i should use top water lures or diving lures cause i have both. I also have a silver spoon which has caught me some fish in the past. I do plan on buying some shrimp that morning to try and catch some lady fish for snook bait as well as anything else that bites.

So what are some of the things you guys/girls use when you fish the jetty? What is better for lure top or diver?

Any input is welcomed, thanks
    Thomas

Hi...

Go into Mahi Macs in Nokomis on 41 at Colonia, to purchase shrimp and they will tell you the secrets of the jetty...

If you have a cast net there is a spot very close to the jetty that is great for catching whitebait. I don't fish the jetty much but i've been told by many people that whitebait works great for big snook off the jetty. Send me a message if you want info on where to use the net.

Well it was a successful day there. Me and my cousin caught a lot of snook. Some 25 inches and bigger. Biggest one we caught was 32 inches. We used live shrimp and doa's. Also we caught some good sized mangrove snappers. When it rained hard everyone left but we waited and as soon as it let up we fished more and that is when we caught the big snook. It was fun and a good place to fish. I plan on going back in a couple of days. Even saw some mantees that came by and chilled by the beach for a couple of hours.