Bait Shop in NSB
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bait Shop in NSB

Hey folks,
    Can anybody recommend a bait shop in NSB for surf baits? Frozen shrimp and stuff? My 7 yrd old will be fishing with me this year, so I'll be using twice as much bait. So, I'm looking for good prices.

Thanks

I can tell you that the shop on Riverside Drive right by the marina has zero interest in its customers (this is the one right across from the court house). I feel like I'm bothering them by trying to buy some bait. I won't be back after the last two trips there. Oh, and the guy gave me a hard time about giving him a $10 bill, he wanted smaller bills.

Thanks. Cecil's is typically where I've gotten mine in the past. Mainly because it's the only shop I knew of.

Quote Originally Posted by NSByak View Post
    Oh, and the guy gave me a hard time about giving him a $10 bill, he wanted smaller bills.
    You must be a " High Roller" carrying a ten spot....LOL!!!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

If you can't find what you want at Cecils take the road behind them to 38 bait. All the way at the end of the road. They have a nice selection of live bait and you can buy fresh dead by the scoop for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by duckmanJR View Post
    You must be a " High Roller" carrying a ten spot....LOL!!!
    The sad part is that I bought about $6 worth of bait

Quote Originally Posted by magicmike View Post
    If you can't find what you want at Cecils take the road behind them to 38 bait. All the way at the end of the road. They have a nice selection of live bait and you can buy fresh dead by the scoop for cheap.
    Thanks! I'll check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by NSByak View Post
    I can tell you that the shop on Riverside Drive right by the marina has zero interest in its customers (this is the one right across from the court house). I feel like I'm bothering them by trying to buy some bait. I won't be back after the last two trips there. Oh, and the guy gave me a hard time about giving him a $10 bill, he wanted smaller bills.
    definitely going to agree with this. and the one down the road across from the new smyrna boat ramp isn't too amazing either.

Personally, I've had good experience with the shop on the marina for just picking up some live shrimp, but they don't carry a lot of other bait. Cecil's has been decent. 38 has been the best IMO with good inventory, helpful people, and it seems they have more live bait more often.

If you are headed south on A1A, there is a shop near Bethune Beach that has some, and JBs also sells bait and opens at 6:30am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast