5/21 FP- Hand lining Goliaths - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks snook87 - I really appreciate the good sharing of information. It's amazing (and sad) how many regs we fishermen have to deal with these days. Imagine getting in a jam over something written into some obscure administrative code buried deep in some legaleeze wording. After reading your original post I went digging for more info on the states website and couldn't really find anything but thats not to say its not there somewhere. I do know my head hurt from trying to wade through all the documents.

Thanks again and please do PM me if you do find out more.

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by snook87 View Post
    Very cool. At least you got worked and not skunked. I'll have to let you use my Goliath rod and reel setup.
    yea man you should come out there some time with us! and thanks for the info on the goliaths

Quote Originally Posted by capt_toddtt View Post
    Thanks snook87 - I really appreciate the good sharing of information. It's amazing (and sad) how many regs we fishermen have to deal with these days. Imagine getting in a jam over something written into some obscure administrative code buried deep in some legaleeze wording. After reading your original post I went digging for more info on the states website and couldn't really find anything but thats not to say its not there somewhere. I do know my head hurt from trying to wade through all the documents.

Thanks again and please do PM me if you do find out more.

Take care
    You have to go to the correct revision. Its there somewhere cause I looked it up after the FWC officer told me where it was posted (the warning ticket had the FAC rule on it) and read what the law stated ( https://www.flrules.org/gateway/Division.asp?DivID=348 ). I just figured it would be a harmless thing anyways since they were caught and let go immediately (a 450lb fish is hard to hold up for a pic anyways) and the officer agreed but after i told him we were targeting them the officer told me so i doubt he would BS me. If you ask a FWC officer to look it up he'll point you where it is if hes not a newbie. I just from then on never post pics of fish that are protected and dont talk about them so theres no question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123