Fort Pierce 6/2

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Fort Pierce 6/2

Fort Pierce 6/2

Haven't posted a report in a while so here's a few combined.

Tuesday 5/29
    Fished from FPI down to Nettles Island and back. First thing on the agenda was to secure enough bait for the day and Wednesday as well. Anchored up and deployed a chum bag in an area that's be holding pilchards consistently. Took about a half hour with the dwindling current, but managed a wrap a net around 200 or so baits. From there we immediately hauled butt back to my buddies dock to pen up half of them up for the following day. Left there heading south and started bouncing channel markers looking for tripletail. Caught several small jacks and other assorted junkfish, but no TT..oh well. By this time we were down in the Herman's bay area so we started throwing the pilchards into the docks on the east side and picked up a few small snook. Got bored with that and worked our way back up to FPI with a a few random stops with not much happening. By the time we arrived in the inlet the wind started to crank out of the S/SE and the inlet was a washing machine. We slowly slid around to the lee side of n. jetty and complete chaos ensued. We caught snook in the 25-34" range and 10+lb jacks on EVERY cast till we ran out of bait and then started getting them on lures. It was hands down one of the best days we had this year. Finally got tired of catching fish and we left them biting as we headed back to the ramp. On our way through the inlet we were boarded by the CG for a standard safety check. Things went smoothly as expected and we were on our way. Didn't have a camera on the boat that day so no photo's, but with the amount of spray we were taking I wouldn't have taken it out anyway.

Wednesday 5/30
    The GF put in @6:30 and slid down to the pen to gather all the baits from the previous day. From there we ran right to the inlet to try and put her on some of the snook action from the previous day. Pulled 3 fish real quick and then they seemed to have turn off We left and headed north working our way up to the cove and stopping at anything fishy we came across. Played with a few bonito's on the way up, but otherwise pretty uneventful. Once we got to the cove there were several frigates, but overall it was quiet. Lots of sticklebellies with few greenies in the mix. We hooked one confirmed shark, and another toothy critter that we never got to see. Not really feeling too confident here we left and ran all the way down to the boils. When we arrived I immediately started to rig a bottom rod while she layed out on the forward deck. After I got rigged up, I put on a bait and went to send him down only to then realize I had a decent cobia sitting behind my transom. He hit the bait as I was dropping it, and I missed him completely whoops..oh well. A few minutes passed and I saw him pop up again in the middle of a school of sticklebellies. I grabbed a spinner, reached down for a bait, and told her to get up and get ready. Well he must of went down when I took my eyes of him for the few seconds it took to grab a bait because I never saw him again. We tool around there for a little while longer with nothing going on, so we pick up and head back to the ramp.

Saturday 6/2
    Had Dean and his son Jon with me today for a short trip before I had to go to work. Hit a good trout dock while we waited for the sun to come up, and Jon pulled his first ever two upper slot trout. Left there to make bait and it took a little longer than I would have liked, but we finally all we needed. Slid out to the rocks again with hopes of putting Jon on his first snook. Just like the bait it took longer what I wanted, but we got it done. We pulled the plug on the jetty and decided to head down to the boils to see if anything was going on here today. Before we left I said let's make one drift in the inlet and see what happens. Well a 24.5" gag decided he no longer wanted to live and we welcomed him aboard with a big smile. Got down to the boils, and our first drift results with a low 30" snook and I had a swing and a miss. My time was running out since I had to work, so I said lets run back up into the river and try to get Jon his red for an inshore slam. Unfortunately we drew a blank and had to call it a day. Here's a few picks of one happy kid

The smile on that little guy's face is priceless!!!!

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Geat report Adam.. WTG on getting the youngin on some fish

always a great report and catches. hope to see you on the next Reel Time!

Quote Originally Posted by snook87 View Post
    always a great report and catches. hope to see you on the next Reel Time!
    Mr.Redfish79 has already been on Reel Time catching snook, redfish and jacks in the inlet!

well then he needs to be on again!