PC 5-22 Dolphin - Page 3

Florida Sportsman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PC 5-22 Dolphin

Went out Tuesday on a friend's boat and only managed a half a dozen smaller ones, mostly in 120'. That looks like an awesome trip. Wish we had made the treck out to deeper waters. Don't let the tire kickers discourage you from posting; the whole point of FS and other forums is to share successful trips and techniques. I get out so infrequently that I will keep all edible fish that are of legal size and within the bag limit and dually appreciate any info I can get before my trips. Tight work and tight lines!

Thanks for the report. Don't let the 5% of the jack holes stop you from posting. The rest of us are rooting for you.
    It's a good day.

Very nice!

Nice day for sure!!!!

Awesome! As mentioned, continue to post!

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Slacktide View Post
    I was fishing from 225 to 300 and that's where we pulled the spread and bailed further east. We caught 2 fish (one gaffer and one bailer) in that shallower depth. We were somewhere around 40 miles east of PC. when we found that fat weed line. Depth sounder was not reading the depth where we were at. Prob 8-1200. I never post on FS forum just because of the smart A comments. Thanks all of you guys, getting pats on the back makes me stoked to do it again soon. And for the record, not that it friking matters, but "beachsideandy" I slung dolphin in the boat for 2 hours big and small, 3 at a time, and could care less that a handfull were small. Every fish was legal by a few, I usually don't mess with peanuts but all we could do was target the bigger fish the best we could. Most all those fish were fine size to gaff. Each and every fish was cared for properly, vacum sealed and frozen. Is it like the strippa fishin in NJ bro?
    No that's not like the striper fishing in NJ at all.
    I never said it wasn't legal, or that the fish weren't cleaned or frozen.
    You yourself said you usually do not "mess with peanuts".
    It's only my opinion, that's all. It's like an a$$hole, everyone has one.

If I already caught a small A$$ phin, and put it in the box, of course I am not going to throw it back after I put a couple of 20 pounders in the box.
    But, If I just put a couple of 20 pounders in the box, I am not going to keep a 4-5 pound phin. It's just not worth the tiny bit of meat I am going to filet off of it.
    Within only 2-4 years that fish will be 3-5 times it's current size.
    Have I ever kept small dolphin? Sure, they were either the first ones caught of the day, or they weren't going to make it from being hooked.

I am not a tree hugger and I eat anything I kill.
    Perhaps your fishing report did not need my smart-a$$ comment so I apologize if I got your panties in a twist.
    I have no doubts you guys are going to eat all those fish.
    It looked like a nice productive day of fishing so lets move on
    Last edited by beachsideandy; 05-31-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Senior Member Capt George Gozdz's Avatar
    Nice fish!

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123