Stupid dolphins..AGAIN

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stupid dolphins..AGAIN

Went back (just South of Pineda Causeway) early this morning with my wife and two daughters. Worked topwater and a mirror dyne for a couple hours. Caught trout right off the bat and back to back until...you guessed it - stupid dolphin showed up again. Spent the entire time chasing us, which of course made fishing useless.
    5 Trout in less than 45 minutes, then nothing because of dolphin.
    Sure wish I had a way to get away from these things...

I know the feeling. I had one go after a trout that I hooked from the kayak. I was really hoping he didn't inhale it and take me for a ride. They get aggressive when there is food involved!

………and you think that makes the dolphin stupid?

I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Damn dolphins always ruin the fishing

way to get a few trout before flipper showed up, better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by NSByak View Post
    I know the feeling. I had one go after a trout that I hooked from the kayak. I was really hoping he didn't inhale it and take me for a ride. They get aggressive when there is food involved!
    I had one mess with my buddy when we were out the grand canal just paddling around. They were splashing around us and then it turned right at him (perpendicular, so dorsal facing his right side) and started swimming full speed at him, creating a decent wake. I fully expected it to ram him but it stopped just short of him and dove, slapping the wake all over him. Was downright hilarious actually.

Quote Originally Posted by GSnapped View Post
    I had one mess with my buddy when we were out the grand canal just paddling around. They were splashing around us and then it turned right at him (perpendicular, so dorsal facing his right side) and started swimming full speed at him, creating a decent wake. I fully expected it to ram him but it stopped just short of him and dove, slapping the wake all over him. Was downright hilarious actually.
    I've been out paddling with the wife - for sightseeing and exercise - and had a blast watching them. Every once in a while they do something downright entertaining, and it's fun to be there.
    But when I'm fishing, I don't want 'em anywhere around me, and it seems like every trip now - after 4 or 5 fish - they show up.

Guess I'll just start driving further North up the river.

The banana river dolphins are smart and annoying... They will wait right by your boat for you to throw back a fish and then demolish it. Guess they missed the memo about size limits. I always move spots when this happens but if your in a kayak moving spots is not exactly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    The banana river dolphins are smart and annoying... They will wait right by your boat for you to throw back a fish and then demolish it. Guess they missed the memo about size limits. I always move spots when this happens but if your in a kayak moving spots is not exactly easy.
    It is actually everywhere... I call them "Welfare Porpoises" since they seem unwilling to work very hard trusting to somebody to give them hand-outs.

It is said that a Dolphin has the learning capacity of a 6 year old human...
    Try and keep a 6 year old away from a bag of M&M's...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    yep….it's only those dolphins...
    I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast