MOSQUITO LAGOON HELP

Florida Sportsman

MOSQUITO LAGOON HELP

GOING TO ML THIS WEEKEND WITH S.W. WIND PREDICTED FOR THE WEEKEND WAS WONDERING HOW IT WOULD AFFECT THE FISHING ?
    ANY RECOMENDATIONS ON WHERE TO STAY ON THE WATER ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I would work the flats down near kayakers corner. You will be protected from the wind and will find some decent fish. Also fish the flats near haulover. Will be out there this weekend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by *gps3010c* View Post
    GOING TO ML THIS WEEKEND WITH S.W. WIND PREDICTED FOR THE WEEKEND WAS WONDERING HOW IT WOULD AFFECT THE FISHING ?
    ANY RECOMENDATIONS ON WHERE TO STAY ON THE WATER ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    There are fish everywhere you just have to be in the right place at the right time. There is no where to stay on the water your best bet is to find a hotel close to where you want to fish and go with it.

THANK YOU @ FLATS GUY & KNIGHT PATROL
    as i fish in ENP flamingo west winds = you have to look for clean water usually away from shore
    i guess in the lagoon its not affected by the winds ?
    anyone have any info on indian mound fish camp any one stay there?

mosquitolagoonfishcamp.com
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

The North end of the Indian River Lagoon has been producing large numbers of HUGE trout and a fair amount of upper slot reds. Catching them on 4 inch DOA swim baits on bass assasin jig heads. They seem to respond well to electric chicken or when the sun is above you a gold color with glitter . Early mornig top water has been good as well. The botCooked Fresh Sea Trout.jpgtom line is there are alot of fish in both Lagoons. Good Luck.

Hey man you need to let me know your recipe... that looks delicious! Do you ever fish for trout with a popping cork over there and if so does it work well?

Quote Originally Posted by the flats guy View Post
    I would work the flats down near kayakers corner. You will be protected from the wind and will find some decent fish. Also fish the flats near haulover. Will be out there this weekend as well.
    where is kayakers corner???

It is basically the far end of mosquito lagoon. there is a bunch of mangroves and grass flats. it is called kayakers corner because of the amount of kayakers and canoes there. Good map it. PM me for any more info you need.