Banana Creek

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Banana Creek

Banana Creek

Went out with my wife last Friday out in the Peacock area and poled to the mouth of Banana Creek. Looked along the shoreline and there was a canoe way up there. Can you past the signs now or still way off limits? A helicopter flew around the area and circled once but kept on going Ended up with 4 little reds and had one gator trout up to the boat- fun while it lasted.

Senior Member Capt. Tyler Vollmer's Avatar
    Banana Creek is off limits to the public past the no entry signs.

i wouldn't go in there for what its worth. I was on the east side of the nmz when it was closed once and those guys are not nice when you're not where you're supposed to be.

We also saw a boat 400-500 yds inside the north signs 2wks ago, and it disappeared past the island to the east. Then we saw an airboat and a helicopter
    come looking for it. Not sure how it turned out but they have been sending the helicopter to scout the boundry almost everytime we go there.

They need to put new signs up there around Peacocks pockets... The old ones are gone and the poles in the ground are slowly disappearing as well

I was out there in a john boat about a week ago with the helicopter circling, kinda freaked me out a little lol. I also noticed a boat head into the river and not come out.