Biscayne 5/20 TROUT AND SNOOK

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Biscayne 5/20 TROUT AND SNOOK

hay guys decided to day to change thangs up a bit. me and my bro headed to biscayne to meet dave who was kind enough to show us a hot trout spot. as we paddled out through this canal i was trolling a soft plastic and got slammed by a monster snook the broke of immedietly. ow well kept going we rounded the corner and dave spot tailing bones my bro makes a cast hooks up runs like a bone but ends up being a cuda. we alll catch a few cudas here and there looking for bones. got to see my first tailing bone. so with no luck with the bones. dave takes us out to the trout spot. between the next 2 hours we have fun catching good size trout with some keepers in the bag 2 overslots an 1 in the slot. dave leaves and we head to the closest marina to get ice. we come back 30min later thinking that the bite was shut off. but boy where we wrong and we managed to get both our limits with aaron my bro with the biggin. we start to make our way back since we cant keep no more trout so as soon as i get back to the creek from the morining i let back a salt and pepper bass assassin on the way back along the mangroves. about 10min later all i know is chaos my 2500 sahara is screaming rods are tangled, i get control of the situation and start fighting the fish not sure what i got. i fight him for ten min, i see the fish and its a nice snook possible slot i get him yak side and get him in about a 26inch fish got my pics and sent him back. trout where hitting the gulpshrimp. Dave thanks so much for your knowledge and hospitality.

pic from saturday the one that got away

Last edited by frankthetank; 05-23-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: rewording

BEST JIGS AROUND!!!
    SHAKE AND BAKE!!!

Nice trout and snook Frankthetank.

when are you guys going back? it be nice to team up, never done the trout fishing and snook, that's a bonus.

Glad to meet you and Aaron and the snook was a nice bonus. As I left early I went back and invited a couple of trout home for dinner just before sunset.
    Hope to make it up your way soon.

That's nice!

where is that exactly? ive never seen any part of biscayne with mangroves like that.

Good trout fishing in the bay this year. Nice job both days.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster2 View Post
    where is that exactly? ive never seen any part of biscayne with mangroves like that.
    its not up to me to share the location its up to the founder if he wants to share. with anyone else.

BEST JIGS AROUND!!!
    SHAKE AND BAKE!!!

nice man

yeah it was such a great time. the only thing i wish turned out differently is my bad sunburn. but other than that a great time with family and new friends

BEST JIGS AROUND!!!
    SHAKE AND BAKE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast