New Pass Help?

Florida Sportsman

Thread: New Pass Help?

New Pass Help?

Hey guys me and my grandpa are fishing of that little jeti type strucutre on new pass and he works at longboat key so he can get back there. We were thinking about dropping down some shrimp and pins, not sure if i should through one on a chugger. Also might use some gulp alive, not sure rely what is good there. Thanks everyone/

That is a good area for sheepshead, pompano, spanish, and blue fish during different times. If you wanna catch trout, reds, and snook, there are a lot better places to fish on LBK. There are several spots that gave wading access as well as kayak launches.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks but at new pass towards the end i know many people who have caught 35+ snook. But thank you .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookie View Post
    That is a good area for sheepshead, pompano, spanish, and blue fish during different times. If you wanna catch trout, reds, and snook, there are a lot better places to fish on LBK. There are several spots that gave wading access as well as kayak launches.

I didn't day you couldn't catch snook there. Along the beaches and the pass are good during summer. But there are better places than new pass around Longboat Key.

Ohh sorry mis understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zookie View Post
    I didn't day you couldn't catch snook there. Along the beaches and the pass are good during summer. But there are better places than new pass around Longboat Key.

Junior Member Carolina Skiffmister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingkid315 View Post
    Hey guys me and my grandpa are fishing of that little jeti type strucutre on new pass and he works at longboat key so he can get back there. We were thinking about dropping down some shrimp and pins, not sure if i should through one on a chugger. Also might use some gulp alive, not sure rely what is good there. Thanks everyone/
    I work part time out at they key club there right where you are talking about fishing. People have been doing well on snook, pompano, black drum, flounder over the past few weeks.

Snook have been eating silver spoons, whitebait, pins and shrimp. Good outgoing current and a pinfish seem to be only thing catching any snook with any size to them. Fish there at sunset, I always do best then.

Jighead with shrimp been doing well for the other fish.

goodluck bro

New Pass in the 80's was a snook mecca and if you put in your time you could get a trophy fish. My buddies and I used to wade off of dog beach and catch monster snook on white buck tail jigs. I recall catching atleast 2 myself that went over 30 lbs. Many fish near 20 lbs......you could count on the fish eating that last hour before dark.....
    For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen

You can still catch snook in new pass all day. But not the size the last poster mentioned..I have caught them all day on freelined pinfish along the rocks...there are still some monsters I have caught a couple monsters free lining huge pins along rocks on outgoinjg