Offshore reports for sunday?

Florida Sportsman

Offshore reports for sunday?

I know some of you all went to the ledge out of St Aug today, I saw your trailers in the lot...not sure if it's cool to ask, but, any action???????...we seriously considered making the trip as conditions were perfect but the water was cool and green, apparently out to the stream....near shore was pretty dead with water temps 65-67......

A friend of mine went out today and got a couple dolphin and 4 sails. Sounds like they had a good day!!

Quote Originally Posted by slickster57 View Post
    I know some of you all went to the ledge out of St Aug today, I saw your trailers in the lot...not sure if it's cool to ask, but, any action???????...we seriously considered making the trip as conditions were perfect but the water was cool and green, apparently out to the stream....near shore was pretty dead with water temps 65-67......
    My friend said it was eighty on the bottom out at nine mil

Went to the ledge Saturday afternoon from St Aug. (blowing too hard for the usual before daylight start). Started to blue just inside. Big rip with 100's of birds and several turtles about 45 miles. Water still green but the birds were working. Put out the tuna feathers way back, went 4-4 with a triple of IGFA record
    boneheads. Moved on to the ledge found 78 degree water, put out the highspeeds for hoos. Make note to self - if the cable looks worn - change it. On short time due to daylight and crew member needing to get back to make girlfriend happy (usually she comes with us), didn't change the cable and guess what happens. Shotgun goes off like a shotgun and then goes limp. Fault is mine. Stayed on the ledge until 5:30. No other bites. Friend went to 800 and found dolphin under birds, but they wouldn't eat. Nice flat ride in.

Headed NE to high speed troll for wahoo. Put lures in at 140'.... continuing east. Found some nice rips past 160, a couple looked real fishy. We suffered through one short strike before shamefully pulling the lures in the afternoon. As if that wasnt hard enough on our gas bill, we were one of several boats that had no luck hunting grouper at Elton Bottom. The bottom current was smoking, and we couldnt hold with 16 ounces. Some other captains did report success however, mostly closer in, and Capn Todd for one scored his usual mixed bag, along with some gorgeous mutton snapper.

Unfortunately, later that evening, I had to pay once again, lol, for my fresh fish dinner.
    Tony Eden, Marine electronics, electrical and accesories rigging & repair master-
    Boattronics.net
    Boatswitchpanels.com
    Over 70 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/s...ronics-reviews!
    Please contact me today with any questions or for a free estimate!