Bash.. wading

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bash.. wading

Senior Member ShallowExpectations's Avatar

Bash.. wading

Bash was a great success. I got a couple decent snook, but not decent enough to win. Wind and rain did not make wading easy. Shook off a big trout first thing in the morning, true heartbreaker. Didn't win any yetis or costas, but I ended up winning a big huge shrimp net on like a 20ft pole in a raffle. Was awkward to drive that thing home. Anyways, went great and got to annoy Capt Gozdz a bit. Anyone know when or even if there is a shrimp run on the treasure coast? First picture is a 21" fish and the 2nd is a 27". Not huge but not terrible for just driving around and wading in that weather.

Nice job, getting Gozdz to come around yet?

I dont know about him coming around, but I certainly did my best to annoy him

Good Deal

Great catching, Shallow! The Bash was definitely all about having a good time for a good cause, with some fishing thrown in for good measure. It looks like you managed to score on all accounts. Kudos!

Nice job SE, the net is a 12 foot pole my son and I custom make them. We wanted to donate a few for the cause. We have heard of a shrimp run north and south of the power plant on outgoing tide from Feb through end of May. We sell most of the nets to the guys in the south florida area Ft Lauderdale to the Keys. I have sold several to some guys from stuart area maybe they can chime in and give you some info on the shrimping in this area.

Capt George is cool peeps fo sho...

Way to go on the snook...Tough day out there.

Flyers Up... the two nets at the raffle were donated by you? They honestly look amazing. I really want to give it a try. I know the run in SC is in October so may drive up there and get the cousins to take me out.

Quote Originally Posted by ShallowExpectations View Post
    Flyers Up... the two nets at the raffle were donated by you? They honestly look amazing. I really want to give it a try. I know the run in SC is in October so may drive up there and get the cousins to take me out.
    I used to cast net dozens at the palm city bridge around that time of year but I haven't done it in a while. Might be worth a shot

Thank you for the tip. I will have to check out the bridges and a few friends docklights during that time of the year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast