Looking for any information

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Looking for any information

I have been traveling to North Captiva every summer for the past 6 years or so at the end of july and early August for a two week vacation. I tow my boat from Maryland and have enjoyed learning to fish the inshore areas and each year learn some thing new about the gulf. As of late, I have really wanted to go offshore, but the few times I have, I have not had a clue as to were to go or what to do (live bait or troll). If anyone would be willing to give me some direction it would be greatly appreciated. i am not even sure what may be running offshore during this time. You can email me at yes.no57@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Google.

shore fishing i have a better idea, this person came to the forum with an honest question.....
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fishing+north+captiva

I've been a member to these forums for a month or so now. I thought this community was here to help out but from what i'm seeing everyone wants to be dicks to inexperienced angler who wants to have a good time! No shizz google can help but for the guys that are out there every day its better to get more input from them. If you don't want to give in any input thats fine but that stupid input from yessirking isn't necessary. Remember a lot of you wouldn't have accomplished some of the things you have and do if you didn't have some one holding your hand a long the way. Just saying!

What kind of Boat do you have? Does it have a GPS? If you can give me a little more info I can try to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by justforfun View Post
    I have been traveling to North Captiva every summer for the past 6 years or so at the end of july and early August for a two week vacation. I tow my boat from Maryland and have enjoyed learning to fish the inshore areas and each year learn some thing new about the gulf. As of late, I have really wanted to go offshore, but the few times I have, I have not had a clue as to were to go or what to do (live bait or troll). If anyone would be willing to give me some direction it would be greatly appreciated. i am not even sure what may be running offshore during this time. You can email me at yes.no57@yahoo.com.

Thanks
    Tell us what kind of boat you have and gps/sonar equipment and we can help you out. Lot's of grouper that time of year. a few stray kings will be in the mix as well.

Quote Originally Posted by simeoncoleman View Post
    I've been a member to these forums for a month or so now. I thought this community was here to help out but from what i'm seeing everyone wants to be dicks to inexperienced angler who wants to have a good time! No shizz google can help but for the guys that are out there every day its better to get more input from them. If you don't want to give in any input thats fine but that stupid input from yessirking isn't necessary. Remember a lot of you wouldn't have accomplished some of the things you have and do if you didn't have some one holding your hand a long the way. Just saying!
    We won't be helping this guy anytime soon.

Ok, heres the thing, information is out there. just Google it and then the particular questions can be asked on the forum. im not trying to be a **** to anyone but shore catch has a good point... but here is what i got for you, look up some wrecks and reefs and use a fresh live bait preferably shrimp, pinfish, or some whitebait. chumming will also attract snappers, groupers, shark and whatever else may be hungry in the area. make sure you follow FWC guidelines and your all good

Quote Originally Posted by yessirking View Post
    Ok, heres the thing, information is out there. just Google it and then the particular questions can be asked on the forum. im not trying to be a **** to anyone but shore catch has a good point... but here is what i got for you, look up some wrecks and reefs and use a fresh live bait preferably shrimp, pinfish, or some whitebait. chumming will also attract snappers, groupers, shark and whatever else may be hungry in the area. make sure you follow FWC guidelines and your all good
    Maybe you weren't trying but that was definitely a **** response. These forums are here as a pertinent source of information. I see no problem what so ever in asking where to start. For someone with very little local knowledge it can be overwhelming just googling something without knowing specifically what sort of information they are seeking.

justforfun get us some more info so we can give you a little more specific guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by yessirking View Post
    shore fishing i have a better idea, this person came to the forum with an honest question.....
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fishing+north+captiva

That is epic!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast