IRL 5/10

Florida Sportsman

Thread: IRL 5/10

IRL 5/10

Sorry, i'm a few days late posting this but,, better late than never.

I took two friends from out of town out on my boat thursday morning, they love to fish just seldom have the opportunity.
    We got to our first spot around 7am, very shallow flats, and tried to find some redfish. We found a few nice trout and managed a lil 21"red on a piece of cut ladyfish. Couldn't find the big reds we were looking for, so we switched techniques and fished some drop-offs with lures. We did well catching trout and some rat reds. Many of the trout were over 20" with one being 27". I was pleased I managed to put a bend in the rod for my friends but still wanted to go look for some reds on the flats. We got back to the first spot and threw out some cut ladyfish. One of my friends had never caught a red so when one of our baits finally got picked up I had him take the rod. Turned out to be nice red, that weighed a lil over 10lbs. A great trip and my friend was stoked to catch his first red.

hows it going dean?
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 05-15-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Nice fish man. It's always fun when you can put your friends on the fish too.
    In that order.

Nice stuff capt. way to put him a a great first red