5-15 Evening, 5-16 Morning Hillsboro

Florida Sportsman

5-15 Evening, 5-16 Morning Hillsboro

Haven't posted a report on here in several years. The forum isn't what it used to be, but for lack of better judgement..........Maybe things will change

Tuesday night--Went south to the secret bait spot and loaded up on pilchards with visions of big blackfins and sushi. Ran offshore, but Mother Nature had other plans and we spent an hour getting blasted by wind, rain and lightning. After we reset, the current and wind were non-existent and as it got dark we decided to save our bait for another day.

This morning tried again for the BFT's but there was no current and a west wind. All the baits went straight down under the boat. NOTHING was moving.
    So, on to plan B, ran out to 700 feet and found a nice weedline. Put out the trolling spread and picked up 4 dolphin up to 10 pounds, back at the dock by 11:00

All in all, managed to put dinner on the table for a couple nights, (Parmesan and Panko crusted dolphin) and have a bunch of pilchards ready to go for when the conditions improve.

Catch 'em Up

In2bait

Thanks for the report.
    Joe G.
    Lighthouse Point

Glad to have ya back!!! Nice job on the fins...and i feel your pain about the weather, i know the blackfins are around, just haven't been able to time it right!

I went out Monday at about 5:30, got soaked from the rain and the current died off after the storms passed too but I did get a 30 pound BFT on a gog in 160. Biggest one I have ever caught. I could have traded you tuna for mahi! Good job on the 'phins.

So you won't tell me where the dolphin were caught while on the phone, but you post on the internet??? Weather looks good for Saturday, good luck.

JP

Bring the raingear on Saturday. It's 40% chance of rain - just like today was 40% chance.