Heavy seas wind and a giant cobia in clearwater 5/10/12

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heavy seas wind and a giant cobia in clearwater 5/10/12

A good Buddy asked me if i wanted to go out on his newly repowered calcutta 263 well I said said OH YEAH!!!!! alot different from the 18 ft mako I usually run. We went out to our favorite cobia spot to see if anybody was home it was pretty rough at 45ft about 3-6ft swells the boat handled it great we ran 25 mph the whole way through it and didnt get wet. Enough about sounding like a calcutta commercial and back to fishing we achored up and started to chum and I hooked up on the biggest blue runner ive ever seen it was huge!!! like 3-4 pounds . Sencond fish was a cobia he was a runt so i sent him back maybe 15-20 not sure after that the bonitas showed up played with them for a while and my buddy saw what we were looking for mr monster swimming around the boat. I grabbed a bait live thread fin went up in the tower casted to him once nothing casted twice nothing didnt even flinch casted the third time nothing so I said forget this and started cranking that bait warp speed boom that cobia bolted at it I set the hook and that rod was screaming I hand the rod down the tower to my buddy dave the line goes slack my heart skips a beat I tell him to reel like the wind he came tight thank god we do circles all aroud the boat under the anchor line around the motors I was confident in landing this fish but I was super nervouse for my buddy dave he was working hard about 20 minutes later I stuck that fish green cause I was about to have a heart attack and we got em He weighed out to 50 pounds.High fives all around and lots of profanity and celebrating later we catch some jacks and more bonitas and head in one of the better days ive had i cant get enough of fishing!!!!!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cobia 5.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	30712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant cobia.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	30713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	huge cobia.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	30714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jack.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	30715

Banned

Nice Cobra there. Your last pic is a Jack Crevalle, not sure if thats the Blue Runner you were talking about.
    www.fintasticfishingcharters.com
    Lagerhead Fishing Team
    Team Cabo Loco

Wow, that' s a beast

Quote Originally Posted by Fintastic.Inc View Post
    Nice Cobra there. Your last pic is a Jack Crevalle, not sure if thats the Blue Runner you were talking about.
    Nahh i didnt get a picture of the blue runner my girlfriend thought the jack was pretty so we took a picture of it

I need some cobia action....
    When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous
    by letting the American Government
    take care of him;
    better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

When we were out last weekend we had a few BR's come over the side that looked like small Bluefish they were so big. Nice Cobe.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    When we were out last weekend we had a few BR's come over the side that looked like small Bluefish they were so big. Nice Cobe.
    I thought it was a blue fish also but then it started croaking I couldnt beleive the size it fought hard to!!!!

Man, you've got the cobes dialed in, nice catch Eric.

Senior Member Lilcthefishslayer's Avatar
    Holy crap!!!!!! That's a beast, nice job on landing him!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast