Lowrance HDS-10 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter

Florida Sportsman

Lowrance HDS-10 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter

We are thinking about getting the new Lowrance HDS-10 Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter Gen 2 unit with structure scan.
    We are going to use the Navionics Platinum + chip.
    Have any of you guys tried this unit. Any feed back would be great.
    Thanks

I have 2 HDS (first gen.) with structure scan and insight mapping. I am using an Airmar B60 thru hull transducer. Also, I have Sirius marine weather, and both units are networked.

The HDS units are awesome, and are capable of customization to fit almost any need. You can add fuel flow, engine data, etc.

My only complaint is that my units are not the new Gen. 2.

Structure scan shots......a little wavy from boat rocking offshore.

Here is a shot of a wreck with a school of B-liners in the lower right with a bait ball in the upper right.

Same wreck, different angle.

Sent from my Jet Pack using Tapatalk 2

You think the thru hull transducer is the way to go vs the transom mount transducers?

Hey Beck is that the PCMI? That is a pretty cool shot. I've got the hds first generation as well, been thinking about getting the structure scan. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I can just strap on a tank and roll if I really want to see what's down there...

I love my unit though. I love that I can run over something and then scroll back on the sonar to mark it with a gps coordinate. And, I if I really want to, watch the entire trip on my computer at home.
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!

Check Out Our Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/RockTheBoatCharters

http://www.RockTheBoatCharters.com

Quote Originally Posted by mojotarpon View Post
    You think the thru hull transducer is the way to go vs the transom mount transducers?
    No doubt......I fooled around with my transom mount for 2 years, and unless it was dead calm, I mean not a ripple in the water, I would loose bottom lock on plane. I might have a depth, but now sonar reading on the bottom. Part of it could be my hull type, and you could have better results. However, since switching, I can maintain a good read on the bottom at full speed now. I wish I had gone that way since the beginning. There is no telling how many good spots I have gone over and missed the last couple years. Some guys have good luck with transom mounts, but I never have.

The B60 just sticks off the hull a 1/4 inch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336658315.393196.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	30687

My structure scan is the transom mount.....no need for the thru hull since it is used at slow speed unless you just don't want it hanging off the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by KayakMacGyver View Post
    Hey Beck is that the PCMI? That is a pretty cool shot. I've got the hds first generation as well, been thinking about getting the structure scan. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I can just strap on a tank and roll if I really want to see what's down there...

I love my unit though. I love that I can run over something and then scroll back on the sonar to mark it with a gps coordinate. And, I if I really want to, watch the entire trip on my computer at home.
    That is a shot of the Hovercraft.....I have some pretty cool shots of the bridge span a few hundred years away, I will see if I can dig them up too.

I find I use the down scan mode most, but it's cool to circle a buoy with the side scan and see the bait balls around it. You can even see the chain going to the bottom.

Here is a cool side scan of a rubble pile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336659071.524539.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	30688

One of some standing flooded timber on a lake I used to test my electronics. 70 feet of water.

Hey great info..
    larrywitt

Quote Originally Posted by KayakMacGyver View Post
    I love that I can run over something and then scroll back on the sonar to mark it with a gps coordinate. And, I if I really want to, watch the entire trip on my computer at home.

......oh, and yeah. The scroll back is fantastic. I have marked a lot of points using that!