Nice Day on the water.

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Nice Day on the water.

Some pics from NE Florida!

Iolar heading north to Mystic CT. (And shooting one handed on the helm it looks like its uphill all the way too!)

Well this tie-up should hold us!!

Number 64 in dry dock. (USS Gettysburg).

Some other boats at Atlantic Marine for refits.

Golden Odessy.

[Golden Odyssey is the flagship of the Golden Fleet and is sailing seas all over the world with her support yacht Golden Shadow (66.75m) and the sport fishermen Golden Osprey (27.45m). Beside many tenders and oceanographic equipment, from May 1999 onwards a Cessna 208 Caravan Sea Plane for two pilots and eight guests was added to the Golden Fleet and is stowed aboard the Golden Shadow. The owner has considerable interest in oceanography and often makes scientific research voyages with his fleet. Because of that Golden Odyssey has a coral reef aquarium distributed over two decks and a window in the bow for Dolphin-watching.]

The Maidome.

The Calixe, owned by Wendy McCaw.

Anyone have any idea what vessel this is that they are working on?

Border Patrol heading south.

At anchorage Fort George looking west

Looking east.

Crew swimming ashore.

A "considerate" boater passing through the anchorage.

"At Last" anchored off Kingsley Plantation.

A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

Been a long time nice I thought about Kingsley Plantation.

Used to fish off the Nassau Sound Bridge for sharks.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the Second Mouse gets the cheese. SW

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Been a long time nice I thought about Kingsley Plantation.

Used to fish off the Nassau Sound Bridge for sharks.
    Bird island is right outside of that bridge and used to be a great place to pull up a boat. But now they have put it off limits to boaters - to protect the birds, go figure!
    A man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.

My buddy is doing some work on the Golden Odyssey. Did you hit any of the storms?

Nice pics, Menz...those are some of my favorite stomping grounds, too. My son got a special tour of the USS Gettysburg...his buddy's dad was the CO until he was promoted to Captain of the 4th Fleet...NOT the dad you want to follow when the school does one of those "Bring your Dad to School" days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce LB View Post
    My buddy is doing some work on the Golden Odyssey. Did you hit any of the storms?

Saw them starting to develop and high tailed it - caught the corner of one as we were leaving the river. But once headed south we were able to keep ahead of it. Here is a pic my daughter took on her phone and posted on her Facebook with a tag line of "Trying to outrun the storm! Batten down the hatches ;)"

The crew is putting the final touches on mine. I guess my fans are buying it for me. I'll have to act surprised.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Quote Originally Posted by CaptTater View Post
    The crew is putting the final touches on mine. I guess my fans are buying it for me. I'll have to act surprised.
    They're going to be pi$$ed at the guy who painted on the name - he got the wrong dwarf!

You don't think he'll have a good sense of humor about it?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government. "

Senior Member Gary S. Colecchio's Avatar
    Where are the fish? Or fishing rods?

Are you sure you are on the right site?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast