All this talk of the SEALs and OBL made me think what about Delta?

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

All this talk of the SEALs and OBL made me think what about Delta?

Good move SEALs getting in and back out clean while getting the job done. But what happened to Delta? Isn't stuff like getting OBL Delta's job? Did they get passed over for some reason? Was Delta doing something else where? The scuttlebutt I always heard way back when was Delta could hide in plain sight, not close up in some hole in BFE like Force Recon, or close to the target in a sub like the SEALs ready to swim up a sewer pipe, but right in front of you. Delta's super secretness was that they could blend in and be seen but unknowen at the same time. How could the nations top special force not get the job?

Because the SEAL teams are the top force in this case.

different roles/missions. Powers at be define the mission and then select the best asset for the mission.

Just finished reading "Act of Valor" and now reading "Inside Seal Team 6"...

Amazing what these guys can get done and what they go through.

Delta does things that are never talked about, the OBL mission was going to be/ has been headline news. The Seals were picked but it was a mission perfect for Seals, SF, Recon or the Rangers.

The fact of the matter is any of these guys want to stay out of the limelight and press.

They know what they are doing and that's enough.

For any guy in the field, the press is your second enemy.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem" Ronald Reagan 1985

From I've read and gathered from others is that special operations forces often work together. Also it seems that the seals(a well known group) can sometimes get the "spot light" for things they did with the help of others who don't want to be mentioned. When I first heard what happened I figured delta had a part in this and then heard some "expert" on tv say there was probably some delta involved. So who knows, truth is we probably will never know, but me thinks they were very much involved. Just like Army SF, they're the "quiet professionals". Not taking anything from the Navy SEALs in this post.

Banned
    Abelman,

I don't know if these guys I saw once were Force or a different kind of Marine Recon. I have been to a few NFL practices, this platoon(it was small) of Marines were hands down the biggest group of athletes of I have ever seen. They all looked like WWF wrestlers, and they stayed in a tight group amoungst themselves. They were quiet and constantly doing hand to hand for three days. The 0300s steered clear of them.

God's Country-Texas and Quepos, Costa Rica
    Quote Originally Posted by MD. View Post
    From I've read and gathered from others is that special operations forces often work together. Also it seems that the seals(a well known group) can sometimes get the "spot light" for things they did with the help of others who don't want to be mentioned. When I first heard what happened I figured delta had a part in this and then heard some "expert" on tv say there was probably some delta involved. So who knows, truth is we probably will never know, but me thinks they were very much involved. Just like Army SF, they're the "quiet professionals". Not taking anything from the Navy SEALs in this post.
    You are correct. The various "special units" of the services used to work very independently but today are to a large extent integrated. If you think about it makes sense. Certainly the air force could well be the best force for long range rapid deployment for example.

I think, to a large extent, "Delta Force" is truly made up of all the branches of service.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Deo Vindice

Banned
    Other than what I have gleened from Chuck Noris movies, I heard that Delta putsome kind of cryptic add in newspapers asking for guys in the army to try out. And I guess you already had to be in a ranger batalion or Green Beret type already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast