Ok... Let's have some laughs..... Your thoughts on "Jetskis"????

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Ok... Let's have some laughs..... Your thoughts on "Jetskis"????

Love them or hate them???? Or....... Should be nuked from orbit???

Me.... They are fun but it's not a device to be an idiot on!!!!

Let's hear it..... Slug-O
    Older.....Slower....but I still put the fear of GOD in the fishes..........

I have 2. We usually run from the house down to the landing and back.

PWC is a licensed registered motor vessel in the State of Florida subject to the rules and rights of access as most any other motor vessel. We start dividing them out – it will set the same trend for the rest of us. A boat ramp without any parking spaces left for my trailor is far worse than the occasional noise from a jet ski.

I like mine a lot...caught a bunch of Spanish and a big nurse shark yesterday at the Jetties...but I still cringe when I see them headed towards me...because so many owners are clueless.

HuntressJax
    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    PWC is a licensed registered motor vessel in the State of Florida subject to the rules and rights of access as most any other motor vessel. We start dividing them out – it will set the same trend for the rest of us. A boat ramp without any parking spaces left for my trailor is far worse than the occasional noise from a jet ski.
    I agree. It is an entry level craft which puts inexperienced folks behind the throtle. As much I as I hate government intrusion some sort of certificate should be required much like a motorcycle.

For most it seems as it gives them a buzz similar to 6or so beers. makes people do things they normally wouldn’t.
    You’re a cool dude and have the common sense. Last Sat 2 idiots were zigzagging back and forth across the inlet during heavy afternoon traffic. Big boats were everywhere

...I will add that it was 2 fishing boats that failed to yield right of way to me yesterday, and a really nice fishing boat that ran over my line, so clueless people comes in all shapes, sizes and hulls...

HuntressJax
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark O. View Post
    ...I will add that it was 2 fishing boats that failed to yield right of way to me yesterday, and a really nice fishing boat that ran over my line, so clueless people comes in all shapes, sizes and hulls...
    You would have little chance convincing a court that as a jet ski you where the "stand on" vessel. I agree the idiots come in all sizes though. However, in my opinion a jet ski should always be the give way vessel when operating in an area of heavy boat traffic. Comon sence....
    Last edited by HuntressJax; 05-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Dont mean to pry into this convo, but your "opinion" should not interfere with the navigational rules of the road.........

I used to have a Sea Doo, and Kawasaki Stand-Up machine. My favorite places to ride were Kingsley lake, and in the surf, (especially the surf for the stand-up) I knew before I got them, to always respect others on the water, and always tried to do that. I have no problems with people that ride jetskis respectfully, but there are poeple out there that have no regard for others on the water, and they are the ones that give other jetskiers a bad rap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast