Islamorada Offshore - 5/4 Dolphin & A Nice Surprise

Florida Sportsman

Islamorada Spring/Summer - Lauderdale Fall/Winter

Islamorada Offshore - 5/4 Dolphin & A Nice Surprise

If you've been following my reports this week, you know we've been out 6 of the last 7days. I think we've got this dialed in so listen up. You ready? FOUR HUNDRED FEET!!!!

If it was possible to anchor there, I would. We didn't catch a fish outside of 500' all week and very few inside of 300'. Today most of the boats went further offshore because the weather allowed it. I heard very few positive reports on the radio. Don't give in to the temptation to run "far".

We worked all day between 400' and 500', although it wasn't stellar, we did manage these four dolphin:

And, as a bonus, we stumbled on this Whitey that put on a show that won't soon be forgotten

Last piece of advice for tomorrow. With the full moon the bit is either early or late. Have your baits in by 7:30 or prepare for slow fishing until after at 2:00 PM.

Hope this helps some of you have a great day on the water.

I always think those colors on the pec fins on whites is so cool. Great job putting fish in the boat, and on a marlin release. Thanks for the report.

I'll tune in for my own report, were heading out tomorrow and sunday. Going to get the boat and load up the gear and start driving down in a few hours. Boat ramp opens at 7:30, bit of a late start but we are heading out to your recommended 400' and putting out a 5 line spread. If you'll be on channel 16 or 72 ill call for you on the radio under intrepid377. Listen for that because ill definitely keep in touch for any advice i can give you or vice versa. Tight lines!

Top notch info Intrepid. I look forward to these reports every May. Wow, I wish I was fishing this weekend!

Great Report Intrepid, as usual. I'd like to go ahead and place my order for memorial weekend. Please figure out what depth the dollies will be hanging. We'd also like to get some bft's and it wouldn't hurt to stumble into some nice triple tails while we're running. I will patiently await your report & instructions.
    Catch 'em up!

Nick

Nice intel - thanks!

my buddies also caught a whitey on cinco de mayo down there off of tavernier!!!!!

Great job Rich and crew!
    Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !

www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

www.WaterfrontHomesOfFlorida.com