Terrors from the Deep

Florida Sportsman

Terrors from the Deep

Met up with Jay(ChiliPalmer) and Anthony(Crusher) today for another day out on the boat. Hit the same area that we fished yesterday in hopes of catching a few more monster Reds. We drop our line in and we soon find out that things have slowed down a bit. Not even a nibble for the better part of an hour or so. We leave for a while and come back later to try our luck again. It isn't long before me and Jay are both hearing the braid scream off of our reels. Turns out we are fighting the same fish. He ate both of our baits. He stops fighting rather abruptly and we pull up a half eaten Red. A shark just destroyed our fish :roll: We get our lines back in the water and all of us are hooked up left and right. All three of us end up losing nice reds today. Got some nice pics of Crusher fighting his Red at least. Jay managed a nice 29" Red. I managed to catch another PB Red at 37". Very tough fight. I really didn't think it was going to be a Red fish. No head shakes at all so i expected a nasty Ray. Glad i was wrong.

If the guys that helped us revive the Red fish is on here, thanks for the help. We thought he was ok based on the fact that he swam away in a hurry. Didn't expect to see him resurface upside down.

Man you guys are on fire out there. Way to go. There are already some bigguns being pulled up at the rocks. I wonder what the bulls are going to be like in Sept/Oct. Great report.

congrats on PB. Stud of a fish.

Went out again today for some Cobia. Couldn't locate any at all. Went all the way to Ponte Vedra. Saw a lot of Dense Pogie pods as well as several Sea Turtles and small Rays. saw a few rays jumping but they were all small as well. Think i saw some Kings blowing up some Pogie pods but could be wrong. Sensing my pending failure of a day, i headed back to the inlet to reclaim my dignity by hitting the Reds. Caught 2 at 35". Got a pic of 1 but had issues dehooking the second one and had to get him back in the water in a hurry. His survival was more important than the picture. Was just me and my best friend Max(pure breed Corgi) :D