Boeing 787 Dreamliner - Made in the USA - Page 4

Florida Sportsman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripleclean View Post
    Yuck! Ghana to Houston. EBOLA. You should have to stop in europe to to "cool off" from the hot zone before coming home.
    Boy, you aren't kidding.. but no.. I won't be flying that plane because of those routes.

Since the B787 is smaller than the one I currently fly (B777), I suspect it is going to pay less as well.

Besides, we know it is all about the money .... right?

Take care

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Fish n View Post
    As a side note, I am an Aviation Expert and a first tier expert witness with the APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) and I testify in courtrooms around the world. I was involved in a major class action lawsuit against Airbus for non performance due to issues with the A380.
    Side note? More like disclaimer.

I too have no dog ...

I've flown the 72, 73 75, 76, and Airbus 300/600. I don't do lawyer skrit. I prefer the Boeings, but if you think Airbus is "Euro-Trash," you ain't paying attention.
    Last edited by magot; 05-06-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/trmcinvale/th_sig22.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/big-bend/dp/1456453270

Banned
    I have heard some sick stories.....And they were just budget carriers that dabble with flights to Haiti. Stuff about the lav not being used correctly or folks trying to cook up eats back aft, not in the galley, and even popping out kids in flight.

I don't think it fair for pilots to have breath that stuff day in and out. I wish Boeing would make a seperate cockpit zone that would that would work at a slightly higher pressure and pull in straight from the outside(this might have saved UPS flight 4 by buying them a little more time?). I wonder how many sick days and medical leaves and back-up pilots that would save. As a pax I don't feel it's fair to sit in a tube that hasn't been decontaminated after flying those routes. I don't feel so bad about the FA's being that IMHO there are too many over the top"Bug Catchers" and "Cat Herders" types anymore anyways.

Banned
    Magot,
    How much time do you have in this bad asp ride?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vig.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	30191

Quote Originally Posted by magot View Post
    Side note? More like disclaimer.

I too have no dog ...

I've flown the 72, 73 75, 76, and Airbus 300/600. I don't do lawyer skrit. I prefer the Boeings, but if you think Airbus is "Euro-Trash," you ain't paying attention.
    No, not a disclaimer.. just to let you know that I probably have a bit more knowledge about the A380 than most.

As far as Euro Trash.. that was your description .. not mine.

I do think that Boeing is a superior product and if you ever want to learn more about how badly the A380 was built, contact me privately and I'd be happy to explain it to you. I think you would be surprised. I will say that most of the guys that fly our Airbus's love them. There are those who still don't like them at all. That's what makes horse races I guess.

As far as the planes you have flown, I have also been a captain on all of those plus 747, DC-8 and DC-10.

My favorite of all that you flew was the 727. I flew it in all 3 seats and loved that airplane.

Anyhow, off to Kuwait and Bahrain tomorrow and it so happens 2 of the 3 pilots are squids tomorrow night.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

I have heard some sick stories.....And they were just budget carriers that dabble with flights to Haiti. Stuff about the lav not being used correctly or folks trying to cook up eats back aft, not in the galley, and even popping out kids in flight.

I don't think it fair for pilots to have breath that stuff day in and out. I wish Boeing would make a seperate cockpit zone that would that would work at a slightly higher pressure and pull in straight from the outside(this might have saved UPS flight 4 by buying them a little more time?). I wonder how many sick days and medical leaves and back-up pilots that would save. As a pax I don't feel it's fair to sit in a tube that hasn't been decontaminated after flying those routes. I don't feel so bad about the FA's being that IMHO there are too many over the top"Bug Catchers" and "Cat Herders" types anymore anyways.
    Triple,

There is more truth to what you said than you can imagine. In 2009, I was the captain of a flight from Munich, Germany to Washington and over the Atlantic Ocean, we had a passenger who was delirious and bleeding from her nose and mouth and had "ring worm" looking welts on her neck and back.

The CDC thought it might be swine flu symptoms however we had a doctor aboard who was a viral immunologist who thought it might be bacterial meningitis which he told us was very contagious, especially to the people around her.

We were ordered by the CDC to land in Boston and have them board, take her off and then possibly quarantine the entire flight.

Here is the CNBC video (it was on all the major networks) and this was within 3 days of VP Biden telling everyone to be cautious and don't fly if you are sick, etc. At the 1:17 mark, you will see me shaking hands with the head of the CDC in Boston. I'm the guy in the white shirt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30521483...21858#30521858
    Last edited by Plane Fish n; 05-06-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Banned
    Wow...so cool, I did see you right over and behind the cabin door!!! What happened to the gal, did you find out what she had or is it some kind of secret hippa thing? Wow air time in that big thing must be just a couple of extra minutes to get to DC from Boston. I am going to watch it at 1:17 again.

BTW arn't those A380 wing spars all cracking up now?

I loved riding in the 727, so sleek with everything internal, just felt like they had alot of extra power. I saw on back taxi once and do maybe 70mph! Fed-ex.

Plus major bonus points for being on TV with Contessa Brewer!!

Wow...so cool, I did see you right over and behind the cabin door!!! What happened to the gal, did you find out what she had or is it some kind of secret hippa thing? Wow air time in that big thing must be just a couple of extra minutes to get to DC from Boston. I am going to watch it at 1:17 again.

BTW arn't those A380 wing spars all cracking up now?

I loved riding in the 727, so sleek with everything internal, just felt like they had alot of extra power. I saw on back taxi once and do maybe 70mph! Fed-ex.

Plus major bonus points for being on TV with Contessa Brewer!!
    hahahahaha..Contessa is cool.

The lady had an infectious upper respiratory ailment that went crazy. She was also anemic and they said that is what caused some of the issues she had. She was taken to Mass General.

We tried to push for Washington and were "ordered" to land immediately... so we did.

I and all the passengers were taken into a special room upon arrival at Dulles and were screened, etc. Our passports were also surrendered until they learned what this woman had. (took about 3 days)

You are correct about the wing spars having issues on the A380. That along with Pylon issues, gear issues, CATIA computer matching issues, etc.

Since I may not have explained myself clearly (sorry Magot if that is how you took it), just to clarify, I don't think that Airbus is garbage.. (well maybe the A380) but I just feel that Boeing is a superior product.

Triple.. the coolest thing about the 727 was we were able to do "power backs or roll backs". Instead of a tug pushing us back from the gate at certain airports (Miami, Atlanta, etc), we could reverse the plane back from the gate.. You can't believe how much time that saved.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Banned
    I guess you use the middle engine as not to suck up stuff? I had a gal tell me once that you can suck up the tarmac and baggage carts in a 767 trying to do that. A kid buddy's dad ran the catering at the airport and we would go to the airport on evenings and run wild! we would sneak on the empty planes and play in the cockpits, I loved the pannel! all the switches and dials. We would get board and then tear apart the AC looking for those wings that they used to pass out to the kids.....Ah Eastern Airlines and Pan Am to date it.

Yikes, rolling back and you can't see behind? Or you drop that stairway in back and the FE tells you it clear?
    Last edited by Tripleclean; 05-06-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Fish n View Post
    As a side note, I am an Aviation Expert and a first tier expert witness with the APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers) and I testify in courtrooms around the world. I was involved in a major class action lawsuit against Airbus for non performance due to issues with the A380. Most of what I am telling you about may be found on the net.
    I used to listen to this on my Walkman on the taxiway before every takeoff back when I could do that without fear of crashing the plane.

Yes, I am old. And KT was a true babe.

It's still a great song.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234