My son caught one for the wall

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My son caught one for the wall

I'm going to get it mounted for his birthday. Weighed 7-8 pounds and caught on a topwater. We caught a total of 7 bass in about a hour.

Here's a picture of him with his baby sister and the fish. She will turn 1 year old on May 24th.

Nice bass

Very nice. Should make a fine mount.

Well he's on a roll. He caught this 6 pouinder today in another pond in his friend's neighborhood. This also makes 26 bass, 4 specks and 2 catfish we've caught this week. :smoking

He is quite the accomplished bass fisherman. I think 6 pounds was my largest and it took 50 years to catch it! Congratulations on some fine catches.
    Life Is For Service

Those are some hogs!!!! I just can't catch ones like that with lures Got a limit of dinks tonight with a hildebrandt spinnerbait and was feeling pretty good about myself until i saw this lol hahahhaha

What lure was he using for the 6?

Quote Originally Posted by RemoteRedsTrout View Post
    Those are some hogs!!!! I just can't catch ones like that with lures Got a limit of dinks tonight with a hildebrandt spinnerbait and was feeling pretty good about myself until i saw this lol hahahhaha

What lure was he using for the 6?
    Believe it our not he caught it with a $1.39 1/4 oz bettle spin from Wally World. The white one with a red spot. The bass have been feeding heavy on small minnows so we've down sized our baits. Been doing pretty good with a white fluke rigged with just a worm hork. You gotta put a twist in it a twitch it so it rolls like a wounded bait. We catch most of our fish with this lure.

Quote Originally Posted by tarawa View Post
    He is quite the accomplished bass fisherman. I think 6 pounds was my largest and it took 50 years to catch it! Congratulations on some fine catches.
    LOL He's already caught one bigger than me and I've been bass fishing for over 30 years. I caught plenty of 6 pounders but I'm still waiting on that 8 lb +.

Quote Originally Posted by tampaspicer View Post
    Believe it our not he caught it with a $1.39 1/4 oz bettle spin from Wally World. The white one with a red spot. The bass have been feeding heavy on small minnows so we've down sized our baits. Been doing pretty good with a white fluke rigged with just a worm hork. You gotta put a twist in it a twitch it so it rolls like a wounded bait. We catch most of our fish with this lure.
    Dang!!!

How could you tell they were feeding on small minnows? Busting them on the shore or bass fry, late in the season for fry though it seems?

Sounds like thats matching the hatch like a charm!!!!!!!!

Nice Catch !
    Do You Hunt Or Fish & Own An iPhone? http://www.TrophyRoomApp.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast