Ecofina - Thursday - 3rd May, 2012

Florida Sportsman

Ecofina - Thursday - 3rd May, 2012

Had an incoming tide, and put in around 8:30 AM. Water temperatures were right at 79 degrees, winds out of the Southeast 10 to 15 MPH. Seas were running about 1 to 2 feet at the inlet. Ran north and began fishing(plug casting using a gold spoon) some outside points, working northerly with the wind using my trolling motor. Hooked up, within a half hour, with a big red that i fought for ten minutes which convinced me this fish was over the slot. As i got it up to the side of the boat, i reached for my net and bingo -- hook pulled out! Continued working the points and hooked another fish which was nice size and same thing happens!!! No fish, but happy to be able to fight two fish to the side of the boat before loosing them!!! Started heading in, and thought about stopping on the way back to try an old spot on the outside. As i approched the spot, another boat was heading along the coastline. Now i was in position, operating on my trolling motor and casting the coastline, and i'm beginning to wonder if this guy is going to try to run between my boat and the shoreline??? At the last minute, the guy turns and runs to the outside of my boat within 50 feet??? Then slows down and turns in front of me being only 200 feet ahead of me??? Up until that incident, i was having a great day!!! I decided to continue to work the coast until i reached his position. Ever cast a bait caster slightly into the wind and get a wind knote, and the lure drops halfway to it's intended landing spot!!! As i wound the slack up, not even considering to retrieve the lure in such a way to catch a fish, the line comes tight and i have another fish on. This one came off early, only to see that it too was a red. Three hook ups was still a good fishing day. I should have taken a picture of this guy's boat, but only thought about it after i had left the area........

Still sounds like fun even with the PW gettin in the way

Great hook-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Slough View Post
    Great hook-ups
    still beats sitting in an office somewhere. Are you using a 1/4 oz spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Man View Post
    still beats sitting in an office somewhere. Are you using a 1/4 oz spoon?
    I'm using a Johnson Silver Minnow gold spoon which is exactly three inches long.