Piers, Passes and the Beach?

Florida Sportsman

Piers, Passes and the Beach?

Well after selling the place in Eagle Creek and thinking I would fish other places, my wifes cousin calls and asks us to stay at their house in Eagle Creek and take care of their animals while they travel.
    So, I'll be in Naples for 10 days starting Monday.

Hows the fishing along the beaches?
    Anything happening at the pier?

We'll rent kayaks at least one day (Isles of Capri) and are thinking about a Capt. Tony trip as well.

What's going on down that way?
    You going to talk, or fish?

I'd go sea trek vs capt. Tonys. Jon and jay are awesome first mates. Their 24 and 72 hr trips are epic.

Thanks, we'll take that under advisement.

I'll tell them you sent us.

The beaches in Naples are getting hot. Good number of snook are cruising the beaches and can be had. Today there were spanish macks and jacks busting small bait just off shore and reachable from shore. Just go to one of the county or city beaches and walk. Good luck JP

water temps are still down a bit. hoping for 79 or higher soon and better water quality to bring in baitfish thick. for now it's a bit hit or miss. At least from kayaks that is.

do you ever fish the ponds in eagle creek there has to be some monster snook

Lots of bait coming in on that big high tide today. Wife caught a 39"snook just inside of New Pass.

fltsfshr

Yes Cab, I fish the ponds and there are monster snook. Last night my son and I took the cart and just rode around and fished from about an hour before dark till.
    We caught several snook in the 30" range. We use nothing but surface lures and they love them. We play them fast though because the gators home in on the fight pretty quick and we want to get them back in the water full of life so they can get away. I am also amazed at the mullet in the ponds, some of the biggest I have ever seen and Talapia that have got to be mutants they are so big.

Bait was everywhere along the beach today, not threads, greenies mostly. Not to big, but a few nice ones.

I'll put more in my fishing report.