Alright... I am "going there"... Daiwa Tierra 3000

Florida Sportsman

Senior Member former bluefishinny's Avatar

Alright... I am "going there"... Daiwa Tierra 3000

I purchased a Diawa Tierra 3000 a while back. I have to say I am totally disappointed in this reel. I have got to a point where I am "afraid" to use it. Its been back to Daiwa 3 times. All 3 time for the same problem...Bail issues. Last time it went back, I sent it in.. with the line clip missing... I would think If I was Daiwa... Id see it and be like "this dude sent back this reel 3 times, the least we can do is fix the 1 dollar line clip". Nope.. Now, I took it to the lake... Yes, a lake.. and Set up on a 1lb bass.. and what do you know... Same problem lol! I guess at this point, I am going to suck it up as a loss... And just go out and get a Shimano. I am not one to complain, but when you spend 120 bucks on a reel.. You expect it to work... Funny, my buddy picked up the reel and said "when u get this?" WHen I told him like 5 years ago he was blown away cause - well - it looks brand new, cause it is never used! Shame. I hear Diawa has made some change in the past few years.... I hope so, but I will not be purchasing another Daiwa in the near future.

My 3500 is a work horse and has been fishing with me almost every trip for the last 2 years on a kayak. Caught everything from bull reds to 6 foot sharks. I've dunked the reel three times and never had to break it down. Still feels like right out of the box.

Senior Member former bluefishinny's Avatar
    Paddlejax... nice! I guess lemons do exist!

Quote Originally Posted by former bluefishinny View Post
    Paddlejax... nice! I guess lemons do exist!
    All companies make lemons and screw up once in awhile. The diference is the good companies apologize and replace their lemon. Dawai pretends you dont exist.

well if you want I can give you $20 bucks and use it for spare parts if you are that unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by former bluefishinny View Post
    I purchased a Diawa Tierra 3000 a while back. I have to say I am totally disappointed in this reel. I have got to a point where I am "afraid" to use it. Its been back to Daiwa 3 times. All 3 time for the same problem...Bail issues. Last time it went back, I sent it in.. with the line clip missing... I would think If I was Daiwa... Id see it and be like "this dude sent back this reel 3 times, the least we can do is fix the 1 dollar line clip". Nope.. Now, I took it to the lake... Yes, a lake.. and Set up on a 1lb bass.. and what do you know... Same problem lol! I guess at this point, I am going to suck it up as a loss... And just go out and get a Shimano. I am not one to complain, but when you spend 120 bucks on a reel.. You expect it to work... Funny, my buddy picked up the reel and said "when u get this?" WHen I told him like 5 years ago he was blown away cause - well - it looks brand new, cause it is never used! Shame. I hear Diawa has made some change in the past few years.... I hope so, but I will not be purchasing another Daiwa in the near future.