Stolen Credit card numbers -How do they use them without the card??

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stolen Credit card numbers -How do they use them without the card??

Was out of the country for 10 days. Returned last Friday.
    On Sunday night I used my credit card at a gas station. Only time I used it since my return.
    This morning I went to use it for a purchase and it was declined.

Called Master Card. Apparently the card number and my name were used for purchases at Walmart and at a grocery store
    in West Palm Beach on Sunday

So.................if they do not have the card and they do not have any photo ID.....................how do they make the purchases??
    I can understand that they have the card and try to fake the signature............but...............no card???????

I've heard of people getting their card numbers stolen from the gas pumps and there are actually a few things about it in Google, but
    did not think it would happen......................

I had the same thing recently. Amex told me that the thrives have the ability to create cards with your number on it.
    Come to Forced Sex University where you can rape women for free!!!

um,, they make duplicate cards...

It is pretty simple to make a credit card. Magstripe card writer, blank cards, and embosser. Get the card number and make a duplicate card in 5 minutes.
    People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid

I got hit one time for a bit more than $8k, card was still in my wallet. Those scumbags are slick, I don't know how they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    It is pretty simple to make a credit card. Magstripe card writer, blank cards, and embosser. Get the card number and make a duplicate card in 5 minutes.
    It is my understanding most thieves do not bother to emboss, which is why some stores such as Lowes and Staples ask for the last four digits of the card number after the customer swipes the card.

They use to have this show called American Underground, where they followed and interviewed thieves and scammers. On one show it was all about stolen credit card numbers. What the thieves did was went to gas stations and stole prepaid cards. Then they went to their hotel and pulled up the stolen credit card numbers and they had a machine that programmed the magnetic strip on the back and then had another machine that punched the numbers and stuff on the card from the gas station. Then they would go to Best Buy and by an iPad and turn around and put it on Craigslist for half off and they would have it sold within an hour. The only problem that they sometimes encountered was if the cashier asked for ID. Most of the time they never asked and if they did, they would just say I left it in my car and they would leave.
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/image.php?u=276&type=sigpic&dateline=1307410685

Maybe they should give you a security 3 or 4 digit number that is not on the card in case it gets stolen

If you Google "Stealing credit card numbers from gas pumps" you can read about some clever devices being used and also using bluetooth to steal the numbers.

That's the advantage to having bad credit.... No cc's = no cc fraud. Lol
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast