F150 4 stroke
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F150 4 stroke

F150 4 stroke

Engine just began making a squealing noise like a loose belt in a car. Engine operates perfect but just began making this noise?? Only seems to do it once the engine warms up??
    Leaving for the keys next week and was just a little concerned with the new noise (but no noticeable problems otherwise). Any one else ever have this?
    Thanks D!

Banned
    What is the exact year and model ?

You need to take it to a reputable mechanic and have them check the harmonic balancer.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Wade it's a 05 and spiney that's just the thing. Who and where are/is reputable marine mechanics???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spineyman View Post
    You need to take it to a reputable mechanic and have them check the harmonic balancer.
    X2... It s a known problem and can lead to debris clogging the oil pump causing engine failure.

I had a similar issue with my F150's. It had to do with the flywheels. It was an easy fix. Not sure if it is a lubrication issue or what. Had my mechanic address the situation.

10-4. Next question, does anyone have a name/number for a mechanic in St Auggie?

Quote Originally Posted by The Midge View Post
    Wade it's a 05 and spiney that's just the thing. Who and where are/is reputable marine mechanics???
    I don't know in that area but maybe someone local will chime in on a good, honest and reasonable mechanic that is Yamaha certified for you there.
    AKA Jiggin Junkie

II Chronicles 7:14

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

After searching around the more common response is looking like a drive shaft bearing. Says to grease the shaft up every so often or just have it replaced with a new one they have come out with.

Harmonic balancer seemed a little off for me. Have had that go bad on an old car of mine and this noise doesn't match that one. But I honestly know very little about these Yamaha motors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast