Favorite Braid line and any?

Florida Sportsman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Braid line and any?

I havent been useing braid lines that long. Just a couple years.

I mainly fish inshore for reds and trouts. Ive been using Suffix braid and like it. I used to be able to find it in a yellow color, which I liked cause I could see it and it didnt seem to bother the fish. The low vis green is very hard to see in the murky inshore waters that we have here.

Anyways, Im fixing to order some 10lb and 20lb braid and was wondering what other people have experienced with there favorite braid.

I like the 10lb braid for long casts of jigs on my lightest outfit for sight casting and such The 20 pound I use for twitch lures and spinners. Really wish I could find 14lb...

WIth these setups above, I am catching fish out in the open where you can let them take drag and such. Need very long casts.....low memory line. And no, I do not use any kind of leaders.

My bait caster have 20lb stren mono for topwater and dock fishing...dock fishing, no drag... just drag the fish out fast.

Anyways....let me know what you like and use
    Last edited by kajo; 06-17-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    Nitro Performance Bass Boats

title was suppose to be, and why.....not any LOL

ANyways, Does anyone use Stren Sonic Braid? I have found on Strens web page alot more choices for colors and line sizes. As you can tell I am and have been a fan of stren for over 20+ years. I like there braid, just wonder if theres anything out there better. Scared to try and waste the money on other braids, but dont want to miss out on a better line

Suffix performance, all I use now!

I like all I have tried, but only after several uses and the wax wears off. Hard to evaluate it when brand new out of the box. The Suffix and the Power Pro are reliably good. Your 10lb/20lb thinking is right on.

I like the Suffix braid... seems to last long, cast long and rarely wind loops. Havent lost a fish yet becouse of broken knot or line....just my stupidity

Hey kajo.... what did you change in my thread?? Wish you would have corrected the title LOL
    Last edited by kajo; Today at 11:31 AM.

I like the suffix braid the few time i have thrown it on a buddies reel. I use to buy Power Pro but I feel like that brand gets more wind knots and i just re-spooled all my reels with Fins b/c it was on sale at Dicks.

oh goodie, what an original thread idea.

power pro is the best, it beats all. its just the best, and that is fact.

I am choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford Cletus View Post
    Please don't try to interject with reason, it only further confuses the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkatak1089 View Post
    oh goodie, what an original thread idea.

power pro is the best, it beats all. its just the best, and that is fact.

Yes Im sure this thread has been done before

And why do you feel Power Pro is the best? Im not doubting you, I would like feed back on the performance of braid lines...not just statements. Im sure other people also would like true life experience performance stats on these braid lines.

Not just hot air

Nitro, I like the Power Pro and that is all I use. It it really strong and I very seldom get a wind knot. There may be better but I haven't tried many as the PP has always done it for me. The 10# PP is the same diameter as 2# mono and it will cast a mile. I buy it by the bulk spool and pre-load the spools with mono so I don't have to fill the whole spool with the expensive braid. I only use the green and I have used it so long that it has turned almost white and it is still as strong as ever. PP for me!

I started using spiderwire ultracast about 6 months ago. I put 8# on my 1000 series spinning rod for throwing lures. Its the longest casting line I have ever used. 8# braid is the same thickness as 1.5# mono. That stuff is smooth, real quiet going through the guides. I think power pro is "louder". I get some wind knots but... its been real windy lately.
    -Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast