Lanark 4-8

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Lanark 4-8

Lanark 4-8

Went out to Lanark with a hungover buddy weekend before last at the beginning of this windstorm we have had for the last two weekends and actually had something to show for it other than windburn. Got out about 9 and tried to run to the wayward side of Dog Island which was an absolute fail. Stayed inside in some nice inshore chop but with that we were able to still find a dozen trout and one nice red. Unfortunately because of the hangover we only had one celebratory beer on the boat, we definitely needed more than we anticipated which was a nice let down. All in all, good day and the beers were still waiting when we got home.

Waiting for the wind to die down so we can start working on some Poon's as they cruise through, anybody have any reports on early tarpon?

Less drinky more fishy!!!
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31

Trout fished out of Lanark the 14 & 15. Caught 2 man limit both days. Hooked 1 tarpon on gulp at east end of Lanark reef, made 1 run, jumped and threw the hook. About 80 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ebryant View Post
    Trout fished out of Lanark the 14 & 15. Caught 2 man limit both days. Hooked 1 tarpon on gulp at east end of Lanark reef, made 1 run, jumped and threw the hook. About 80 lbs.
    Awesome- I figured they would show earlier this year with the reports of heavy bait on the beaches. Anyone else seeing any?

thanks, Bryant fished last weekend dang rain weekend before wind. I appreciate the posts guys I will be on here regularly posting and reading. I'll let you know if I find and Poons.