Econfina/Aucilla River April 13 - 14 - It was a bit windy

Florida Sportsman

Econfina/Aucilla River April 13 - 14 - It was a bit windy

My dad and uncle and some friends camped down at the Econfina State Park to make some memories. Uncle Butch and I met down there a little after lunch and set up camp. After setting up tent and screen room we decided to go out...wind was calm and we were met by bites on every cast soon to find out the bottom is littered with baby rock bass. Ended up catching one keeper trout. My buddy and his kids were out there and had been since 10 am they had four when we went to fish shoreline in hopes of reds with no luck. We decided to head in at 6 pm to meet with dad. Only to learn dismayed that my buddy stayed where we drifting and put 9 more keeper trout in the boat.

We headed out early in the am to drift an area where I had previously had luck. We had a following sea going out so I didn't see how rough it was we drifted picked up four keepers and went to fish the shoreline to use the wind to our benefit and picked up a 20 inch red. Still not picture worthy went in and ate lunch and chill out for a bit went back out at four. Between 545 - 630 pm we caught 8 keeper trout all over 17 inches. As quick as the bite started it quit. Here are some photos of our catch we had 2 over 22 inches and 1 over 21. Mostly on Gulp new penny / glow and catch 2000. Needless to say it will be a memory for a long time. Finished the night off with a low country boil and some cold beer.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/P4140097.jpg

http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=P4140099.jpg

Sounds like a good trip

Thanks for the report, looks like you had a good time and plenty of good memories....

nice trout...s!
    God, save the South!

Nice, Drew.
    Just an old ,fat man that likes to fish

Piggie trout...nice!

Nice work fellas! Did you happen to see the water temps? Thanks for the update.