Hundreds march in Riviera Beach to protest gun violence . . . - Page 7

Florida Sportsman

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baits Out View Post
    There are many good powerless people there who are simply stuck, and pay dearly for their location.
    what does that mean ?? powerless ?? why are they powerless ?? why are they stuck ??
    mad: affected with a high degree of intellectual independence; not conforming to standards of thought, speech and action derived by conformers from study of themselves; at odds with the majority.

Banned
    exposing idiots that encourage entitlement
    Quote Originally Posted by ac2020 View Post
    Criminals have them. Its their favorite murder weapon of choice.

Yeah when you put the worst criminals of society in one confined place with no women I dont doubt men go crazy. Ironically, a lot of people got there in the first place by a violent crime with a gun.

Im not looking to take away your guns. I believe in the second amendment.

But you cant argue how violent guns are. Accidental deaths and violent gun crimes far outnumber guns "saving" people.

The world would be a HELL of a lot better if guns simply just didnt exist. Unfortunately, that's a fantasy and not reality. So, since guns flourish this country almost as bad as cockroaches...supporting the second amendment is something I HAVE to do - not want to. As people have the right to protect themselves.

This thread is about protesting gun violence against children. I dont see a problem in protesting that.
    would you like me to send you the link to the aftermath of a machete fight I just watched?

Quote Originally Posted by coldair View Post
    would you like me to send you the link to the aftermath of a machete fight I just watched?
    No thanks.

I wonder how many people are hurt or killed by gun violence each year in America compared to all other weapons added up.

Quote Originally Posted by coldair View Post
    unarmed without my so called assault rifle, me and my family will be their next victim. I might look at the person with disrespect and be shot by them, or have on a pair of sneakers or money in my pocket that they want. or maybe they want to rape my wife and I don't agree with that. fact is that its part of some people culture to kill others the sooner you realize that fact the safer you will be. most of the thugs that do the shooting are already felons and are glorified in song and on tv and movies, to kill is a badge to be earned. don't believe me? take you fairy godmother believing azz out to the ghetto and hang out after dark and see how long your foolish ideas last

You just look like a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by ac2020 View Post
    No thanks.

I wonder how many people are hurt or killed by gun violence each year in America compared to all other weapons added up.
    I wonder how many are killed by drunk drivers,car vs. bike,smoking? Any of you panty waste libs smoke? Alchoholism,the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2centsworth View Post
    Yes the first link is speculation as there is no way to know how many crimes were stopped before they happened due to legal gun ownership. Now what about the 2nd link?

I discontent since the stats were from 1977 to 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk Ape View Post
    I wonder how many are killed by drunk drivers,car vs. bike,smoking? Any of you panty waste libs smoke? Alchoholism,the list goes on and on.
    Too many, just like we loose to many due to firearm accidents. As for open containers in a motor vehicle, Ill bet less than 31 states allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWFL_F1sh0n View Post
    Too many, just like we loose to many due to firearm accidents. As for open containers in a motor vehicle, Ill bet less than 31 states allow it.
    "In 2009, firearm injuries were the cause of the unintentional deaths of 554 people.18

From 2004-2009, over 3,800 people in the U.S. died from unintentional shootings."
    http://www.lcav.org/statistics-polli...atistics.asp#3

"Each year approximately 16,000 are killed in alcohol related crashes"
    http://dui.lifetips.com/cat/61352/dr...ats/index.html

Based on drunk drivers alone, they cause 29 times more fatalities than accidental shootings per year. So I strongly disagree. Once again the media has fooled people into thinking guns are super duper dangerous. Indeed they are but not nearly to the extent they portray.

You miss the point. Either is a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by SWFL_F1sh0n View Post
    You miss the point. Either is a tragedy.
    You are missing the point that the media is misleading you. 150 people die each year from falling coconuts... but the media never reports it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast