100 ft Red Grouper Friday the 13th

Florida Sportsman

100 ft Red Grouper Friday the 13th

We left Pass A Grille about 8am stopped and observed the circus at the PAG tripod, 4 boats taking turns thowing their nets with no bait to show for the effort. That's all I needed to see, so off to 100 ft and some good bottom I marked last year. Bait started showing on the bottom machine in 23 ft, we stopped and sabikied pins, squirells,
    cigars, runners, and one mackeral in about 15 minutes. Out to 100 ft we went but the
    bottom machine was marking the huge rocks or debris we rembered so we searched the area a little more. After burning 30 minutes of daylight we went back to the exact spot both GPS machines showed to be the spot and dropped a marker. We motored up wind about a quarter mile and drifted with a variety of cut and live baits toward the marker. Every time we got close to the marker we got double and even triple hookups, we picked up 11 keeper red grouper and called it a day. Beautiful day with calm seas and pretty blue water. Sorry for the kill shot pics, the pics from the boat wouldn't upload i got a message stating they were to large.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20120413-00015.jpg   IMG-20120413-00016.jpg  

100 ft is good to alota folks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk rem dat son !
    Captain Anthony Leverett of Kingdom Business Charter's.

Senior Member Lilcthefishslayer's Avatar
    Awesome!!!! Grouper nuggets on!!

Resized pics from boatClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00426.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	27987Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00427.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	27988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00428.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	27989

Thanks for the additional pics. Looks like you have a ton of cockpit space. What kind of boat is the 'ol gal?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

1987 27' sportcraft with 10' ft beam, 350 V8 fresh water cooled inboard. Cruise at 20mph 3200 RPM, not a fast boat but heavy and stable not much rocking. Not the prettiest boat to look at but mechanically sound and comfortable.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0329.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	27996

bro ive learned its not how she looks its how she fishes ! nuthin personal against the pretty boat owners but I like havin an older boat, if it gets bloody i dnt care lol not swabbing no decks or gunnels till im ready. sides a lil blood splatter ads personality !

Nice job on the RGs, nice mess of vittles right there.