4/13/12 offshore SW of sanibel light house to 30 miles

Florida Sportsman

4/13/12 offshore SW of sanibel light house to 30 miles

Well last trip out before the 13Th was on the ninth during a full moon was lets say not to eventful..Bottom was loaded with good marks,right numbers , good bait no interest by the fish?? We caught plenty of grunts ,porgy's,lane snapper,red shorts big boys did not want to play. Short run 20 miles..

Run out on the 13th was in 2 to 3s did a couple of drifts around the marker to locate the fish plenty of good marks only one keeper..Ran to two other spots out to 70ft 19 1/2 after 19 1/2 inch were boated vented and released on a couple of fish we could see they were vented before.Nice to see it is working..Had a couple freight trains on that are still out there..Went back to first spot on the way in the seas calmed wind died..Dropped on good bottom as before boated 8 keepers in short order..They were there before just not feeding yet ( moon was still in a fuller faze ??) My guess this is why the late bite was better later in the day..This was the owner of the boat last trip out this season.. He left this morning at 3AM back to Wisconsin till December. I am sure he had a big smile on his face.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0571.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	27912larrywitt

Nice job Larry what you using for bait?

sweet catch larry we'll have to get out soon, yea I bet Don was a happy camper

Good eats there Larry , nice job

We were using frozen sand perch, pins,lady's.mullet chunks..Sand perch heads or lady heads had the most action,put them on frozen..Short wait and it would be fish on..Well its down to his boat this morning,give it a good cleaning and flushing..Get it ready for next trip out..
    larrywitt

Great report, hopefully I can get some free time this weekend. I've noticed that live bait, especially cigar minnows and sardines, is starting to get plenty of action now.
    Optimism is the greatest trait a fisherman can possess.