Ft Pierce area - 2 reports - 4-13-12 - Goliaths, Reds, Snook and more - Page 2

Florida Sportsman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great report. Those are some monsters yous got there.

Thanks everyone. As for bait Goliaths are not to picky but we caught these on a bluefish and jacks. Salty Gator the reel is spooled with 200lb. dacron to 600lb. mono top shot crimped directly to the hook.

Those are pigs! I see them diving every where I go. There is a ton out there and there fun to catch if you got the tackle to handle it that is.Which I don't I get smoked every
    time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.NoBait View Post
    Those are pigs! I see them diving every where I go. There is a ton out there and there fun to catch if you got the tackle to handle it that is.Which I don't I get smoked every
    time lol
    Yeah you do have to gear up for these fellas!

Capt. great cause Honor Flight and Forgotten Soldiers. Those WWII vets should get a chance to see what is in thier honor. Without them we would speak german or japanese.God Bless you Capt. from a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmatic View Post
    Capt. great cause Honor Flight and Forgotten Soldiers. Those WWII vets should get a chance to see what is in thier honor. Without them we would speak german or japanese.God Bless you Capt. from a vet.
    Thank YOU Bearmatic for your service to our country. I am not a veteran (one of my few regrets in life) so this is my small way to honor those guys and gals for the sacrifices they (and you) made while serving. I love this country and know for 100% certain we would not be here today without our military - period. I teach my 8 year old daughter about it all the time because they darn sure don't teach them about it in school.

Nice! Glad to hear that you like the reels!

I researched for about two months as well and finally settled on a pair of Mak 15s for gags / jacks / snapper / tuna up here in NW Florida. I was tempted to go to the 20s, but the whole point was to have a light rig that would whoop most fish. The 20s had be right back in the ol' 6/0 ball park. Wish they had something between the 15s and the 20s.

Have yet to go on a fishing trip where I need them, but that will all change in two weeks when I head over to Venice. Obviously they aren't putting out 85lbs of drag, but they'll max out at 32 and can be bumped up a touch more... which should handle most gags.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

I have my eyes on a pair of 15's as well. I think these have come a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandler80 View Post
    Nice! Glad to hear that you like the reels!

I researched for about two months as well and finally settled on a pair of Mak 15s for gags / jacks / snapper / tuna up here in NW Florida. I was tempted to go to the 20s, but the whole point was to have a light rig that would whoop most fish. The 20s had be right back in the ol' 6/0 ball park. Wish they had something between the 15s and the 20s.

Have yet to go on a fishing trip where I need them, but that will all change in two weeks when I head over to Venice. Obviously they aren't putting out 85lbs of drag, but they'll max out at 32 and can be bumped up a touch more... which should handle most gags.

Indian River Shores FL & Martha's Vineyard
    Way to wack em'....looks like fun!

Thats awesome biggest one ive caught was an 80# in 10 feet of water using a spinning rod with 20# test mono. How deep did you catch these guys??? oh and let me get that reel :obscene

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast