GUMBO REPORT

Florida Sportsman

Thread: GUMBO REPORT

GUMBO REPORT

ACCORDING TO THE WEATHER FORECAST-WE WON'T BE NEEDING A "GUMBO" REPORT FOR THIS WEEKEND.
    Reelhoot
    http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p341728

FOR RENT: Beautiful 2 bed 2 bath condo in Hunter Springs, Crystal River

Well, if that's what the weather forecast says, it must be true.
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/trmcinvale/th_sig22.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/big-bend/dp/1456453270

20 knots will keep me off the water.

The wind from the east for the next few days should get rid of the floating gumbo by the time it calms down.

Just canceled plans with a life-long friend to take him and the kids fishing this weekend. :(

If anyone is braving this mess, be careful out there.

GM 765

Forecast as of 4:07 am EDT on April 13, 2012
    Apalachee Bay-
    Coastal Waters From Ochlockonee River To Apalachicola Fl Out To
    20 Nm-
    Coastal Waters From Suwannee River To Keaton Beach Fl Out 20 Nm-
    Waters From Suwannee River To Apalachicola Fl From 20 To 60 Nm-

Saturday
    East wind around 20 knots becoming southeast around 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 feet nearshore and 4 to 6 feet offshore. Protected waters choppy decreasing to moderate chop.
    Saturday Night
    Southeast wind around 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet nearshore and 4 to 6 feet offshore. Protected waters choppy.
    Sunday
    Southeast wind around 20 knots decreasing to around 15 knots late in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 feet nearshore and 5 to 7 feet well offshore. Protected waters a moderate chop to choppy.
    Sunday Night
    Southeast wind 10 to 15 knots early increasing to around 20 knots before midnight. Seas 3 to 5 feet nearshore and 4 to 6 feet offshore. Protected waters a moderate to choppy.

Q: How much fishing equipment can a man have before his wife throws him out?
    A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!

Now since I am a cup is half full guy I see the approaching front as a great reason to git on some reds this afternoon!
    The winds have been relentless on the weekends lately I feel for all the weekendenders. I shared your pain for many years.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber

I'm gettin used to fishin in windy conditions. I'm gonna try it on sunday.

Fish by the weather forecasts and you won't get to fish much, go look at the gulf yourself and then decide......
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Rod View Post
    Fish by the weather forecasts and you won't get to fish much, go look at the gulf yourself and then decide......
    Yep, were heading out tomorrow. IT may be windy but its worth a shot. I need a redfish fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Rod View Post
    Oh man, I wish I could! (and webcams don't do it justice, thought of that!) It costs me 19 gallons of gas to tow the boat to the gulf- which is a bit much to decide not to fish. (I know that's going to happen eventually) I had a friend and his kids coming up to fish with my daughter and I, but honestly those kids would be miserable out there. Good luck to you guys that are fishing it, no criticism here, if I didn't have kids along, I'd be right there w/ ya.

Q: How much fishing equipment can a man have before his wife throws him out?
    A: I do not know for sure; however, I believe that the experiment is almost complete!