hit a local bridge

Florida Sportsman

hit a local bridge

i hit a local bridge tonight for a few casts. i lost one jig on a decent sized snook then a guy that was fishing the bridge last night and tonight gave me another jig he tied got broke off on that one also :( both break offs were decent sized snook. then i tied on a doa glow shrimp nothing hit that, tied on a yozuri crystal minnow every thing swam up to it but didnt take it prolly because it was half the size the snook that were following it were. then i tied on a doa shrimp gold glitter color got a few hits on it and then finally had a little guy commit to it. i took a few casts after that and nothing so i gave up till tomorrow or when ever i feel like going back out. i only got one pic of the snook i didnt get a measurement of him i wanted to release him as soon as i could.

admin move where ever you want but this is the only place people will see it unless they are browsing the forum using tapatalk.

way to stick with it mono

I figured I would eventually land one. I didn't want to crank the drag to much because 24lbs of drag doesn't work well with 20lb Fluro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get broken off on jigs all the time as well. I get hit, fish pulls drag for a second, and then it snaps. I'm using 100 lb power pro with and without leaders, relatively light drag. Is there any way around this? So frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by kahmad View Post
    I get broken off on jigs all the time as well. I get hit, fish pulls drag for a second, and then it snaps. I'm using 100 lb power pro with and without leaders, relatively light drag. Is there any way around this? So frustrating.
    limber rod ,lighter line and 3ft of #40 mono leader or #60 if you can get away with it.

I got broke off on one because of a piling and the other I put 24lbs of drag to 20lb flouro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk