HEART BREAKER!!!! WORLD RECORD TUNA CATCH CAN'T BE CLAIMED!!!

Florida Sportsman

HEART BREAKER!!!! WORLD RECORD TUNA CATCH CAN'T BE CLAIMED!!!

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Ouch! I would de-friend the capt on Facebook.

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLi...view_as=public

I had read a few different reports stating no-one involved was bummed about the DQ since they knew they had caught the biggest YFT on rod and reel. I applaud them for being class-acts though and admitting that touch, although insignificant to the actual catch, it still matters for "record" purposes.

^^ What sword said.

These guys never asked for the kind of drama the OP subject line implies. I wouldn't be "heartbroken" by that catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Tank View Post
    ^^ What sword said.

These guys never asked for the kind of drama the OP subject line implies. I wouldn't be "heartbroken" by that catch.
    Reef Tank,

I had watched an interview with another of the crew on the boat and he used the term "heartbroken" thus the reason why I used it there.. I certainly didn't use it to add drama as you say.

The idea of my posting the story was to show a beautiful catch.. nothing more.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

I understand Plane and I'm sure it would have been a big disappointment to many, especially if they had a world record in mind.

When it comes to this fish though I think the whole IGFA thing is really inconsequential. A better subject line imo would have been "Biggest YFT ever caught on rod/reel!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reef Tank View Post
    I understand Plane and I'm sure it would have been a big disappointment to many, especially if they had a world record in mind.

When it comes to this fish though I think the whole IGFA thing is really inconsequential. A better subject line imo would have been "Biggest YFT ever caught on rod/reel!!!!"

I do like that subject line better!!!

Eric
    PLANE FISH N

Maybe I should re-read the rules again before posting this, but someone "borrowed" (ahem) my rulebook. However, this is a rule that is not likely to be changed over time, so.......

Anyway, I read the interview of these honest anglers and somehow got the feeling that this "touch of the rod" might have been more incidental than anything else. In that event, they should have entered the fish and enclosed a letter describing how the rod was touched and given the powers at IGFA, the last word on the matter. For example, seems I remember an unrelated incident, now a long time ago, where the mate accidently touched an angler's rod while he was turning the fighting chair. Because this touch of the rod in no way aided the angler in fighting or otherwise making the catch...the IGFA allowed it.

It doesn't cost anything to enter a fish....the worst that can happen is that the application is denied. And if you are up-front about everything, the IGFA won't think any worse of you for future entries.