Ft. Lauderdale Air and Sea show by boat
REPORTSREGIONSFORECASTPHOTOSBOATINGHOW-TOSPORTFISHGEARVIDEOS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ft. Lauderdale Air and Sea show by boat

Who's been in the past? What was your experience like? Would you do it again? Roughly how far out were you?I've never been and juggling between viewing on the boat versus buying tickets in the reserved areas. The biggest obstacle I can readily think of is that there is no head on my boat, especially with all the water me and my party will be drinking to stay hydrated. Thank you in advance for your thoughts. Have a great holiday weekend
    German Shepherd Dogs rule! Adopt one today.

i'm going to be going for my first time also. i was planning to go by boat but i'm wondering if it's going to be a cluster F$%^ out there.

anyone have experience viewing it by boat?

Did it one year & it's the only way I'd do it again. We charted the Atlantis, brought a full size BBQ grille & all the other stuff you'd bring to the beach. The upper deck was full of beach chairs & coolers. We had a few boats tie up behind us. Trolled up & back. Cooked fresh trigger fish. They keep you 1 mile offshore & it can get pretty packed!!! Too many weekend warriors for me to try it on my boat. We watched the same people that can't figure out how to set anchor at the sandbar trying to anchor in deep water. It was quite entertaining to say the least! If you do it bring lots of patience. I prefer the beach setting, more than just planes to see! I'll be on a Disney cruise this year, I wonder if they'll buzz the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by dougmays View Post
    i'm going to be going for my first time also. i was planning to go by boat but i'm wondering if it's going to be a cluster F$%^ out there.

anyone have experience viewing it by boat?
    It is a cluster F., but is still the best way to see the show IMO.

I'd love to see it by boat and I was told that the final rehearsal is done on Friday and that that was THE day to go by boat. Same full show, but very few boats. They do have a cordoned off area just offshore and that gives the pilots a "runway" to line up on for their low passes, etc. Anchorage it outside (deeper) of that.

The other bad thing about going on Saturday/Sunday is that when it's done..... BAM....... everyone heads for one of two Inlets at the same time! I think that if I did that, I'd head offshore for a few hours of afternoon trolling.......

I will try to get out on that Friday.......

Gary's got the right idea...watch the show and do a lil afternoon trolling!!! Which weekend is the show??

Quote Originally Posted by snookyj View Post
    Gary's got the right idea...watch the show and do a lil afternoon trolling!!! Which weekend is the show??
    April 28 and 29
    German Shepherd Dogs rule! Adopt one today.

Thanks Itch!!!

i went back in 07 in the boat and it was pretty cool. the seas were only 1-2' and it was nice and sunny. i'm planning on going sunday the 29th, hopefully it will be as nice as it was last time. the only bad thing is that you cannot raft up, no matter how light the waves are.

2000 pro-line 30 walk W/ 2012 250 zukes

If you are planning on watching the Lauderdale Air Show from a boat, please read the following notice before you plan your day.

http://wynikitech.com/las/LASNoticeToBoaters.pdf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast