St. Johns River Pre Fish Report

Florida Sportsman

St. Johns River Pre Fish Report

Next month I am going to fish the yearly Wolfsons Team Tournament on the St. Johns River. The Wolfsons tournament is the largest team tournament in the state of florida every year with more than 500 boats. After looking at past tournaments it looks like we may need somewhere in the 22-27 pound range to have a shot at winning. We decided to start pre fishing now to eliminate as much water as possible before next month. What we wound up doing today was finding fish in a big way. Just about every fish we caught for a while was a 4+ lb fish. First place for this tournament is 10,000 and big bass is an additional 5,000 so to say im getting excited is an understatement I am sure ill have a few sleepless nights before then.

Nice video. Could I ask what type of cam you use and what type of mount/tripod? It seems to be out of the way and flexible enough to turn/twist as needed. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Nice video. Could I ask what type of cam you use and what type of mount/tripod? It seems to be out of the way and flexible enough to turn/twist as needed. Thanks
    Thanks RiffRaff, The camera is a gopro hd hero 2. I had to buy the skeleton housing for it as well so you can hear sound better. The camera comes with an underwater housing but that doesnt allow you to hear much of anything when its on. I also had to buy 3 additional batteries in order to fill an entire days fishing each battery holds a charge for 2.5 hours. The memory chip i use is a 32 gb sandisk that will allow me to record up to 6 hrs of high definition video. The tripod is a Dynex. Its a nice tripod it has legs that you can extend in and out about 5 feet high it has a pivoting top to it as well so you can tilt the camera up and down or side to side. Its very light and fits really easy in the center of the boat. I have found that filming my hunting and fishing trips make them that much more fun and enjoyable so dont say I didnt warn ya!