DIY Options/Titusville/Mosquito Lagoon?

Florida Sportsman

DIY Options/Titusville/Mosquito Lagoon?

I'm going to be coming down with my nephew next weekend and fishing with a katyak guide for a couple days. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to point us towards some DIY options for the time we aren't fishing with the guide.

I know the gulf side of florida somewhat so I am familiar with tactics, etc but this is the first time I have ever fished up your way. Just looking for some general directions on how two guys, who don't have a boat, who don't mind getting bitten by bugs, might see some pretty scenery and maybe catch some fish.

Really looking forward to coming down and seeing your part of the country.

Thanks in advance,

Sam, alias "crevalle88"

I bet you could rent kayaks in that area....and after fishing with a local guide a couple days...you'll know how to target the fish in the local region.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you

Exactly what duckman said. I will be out tomorrow and if you want to PM me I can tell you where I found the fish.

definitely rent kayaks if you can. if not there is good wade fishing to be had but often the bottom is very very muddy and that ruins trips a lot worse than mosquitos. JB's fish camp in new smyrna beach rents kayaks and I"m sure some places in titusville do that would give you access to the indian river. fishing in the merritt island wildlife refuge is good and there are a ton of places to access the water of both the mosquito lagoon and indian river here is its website http://www.fws.gov/merrittisland/Index.html#
    I recommend looking at the refuge on google earth and youll see all the little dirt roads that lead to the water. if you have any other questions I might be able to help with send me a message.

You can try kayaksbybo.com, if you need more info P/M me..........