Mexico Beach and PSJ Long Weekend

Florida Sportsman

Mexico Beach and PSJ Long Weekend

Took an easy weekend to get the kids' lines stretched and make some memories for them. Caught some mullet in the cast net around PSJ Marina and had some for breakfast the next morning. YUM! Memory number one was breaking mullet necks! Friday was a lazy day and a ride up the ditch to Apalach for dinner. Beautiful sunset on the way back was Memory number 2 for everyone. On Saturday, went fishing around the lumber ship and caught a bunch of gags, one flounder and a few trashy fish....memory number 3 made. Kids had a ball! None of the fish were of any size except the flounder.

On a different note, we were just casting and a couple boats made b-lines for us thinking we saw a cobia. Thought they were going to climb in the boat with us! Man, those cobia guys are aggressive. I personally thought they displayed poor boating etiquette, but I've seen it before with other fishing tournaments so I wasn't really surprised. Just wish they would give us a little more berth.

All in not very productive, but relaxing none the less. Glad to see the large number of boats out for the new reef dedication. Nice way to memorialize a lost friend.

Yep... I'd call that poor etiquite. If a boat runs up on me and I'm trying to present a bait to ling... well, let's just say that things are going to get ugly. If I've got more fish in the water than I can handle, I'll invite you over, but run up on me and you're going to get a 3 oz jig through your window up upside your head.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"