Key Biscayne

Florida Sportsman

Thread: Key Biscayne

Key Biscayne

Went out last Thursday at around 10AM. Went to bud light and got some really nice size runners for kite bait and headed strait out to 200ft. Drifted north for about 4 hours and not a single bite. I moved into 80ft and drifted out to 300ft and still nothing. It was a barren desert out there. I'll have to try again next week, has anybody been having any luck off of Key Biscayne?
    Tight Lines!!!

Got a bunch of knockdowns w/livebait on balloons off KB ontop of the wrecks in 130. Landed a King and a Almaco on the bottom. This was all about 2 weeks ago. Better luck next time, bud.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

Instagram: @captheavy

PS: Try getting an assortment of baits next time. We were getting more hits on the pilchards than the runners that day.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover

my buddy fished that area and further north last Thursday and caught 1 baby blackfin...we went out on Friday and fished Key Biscayne/Fowey area and it was fairly slow too...not as bad, but still slow. Dolphin were out there last week on Thursday and Friday, but you had to go out to 600ft

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah we started out late with the weather being so bad and the only thing hitting the sabikis at bud were the runners, I always like to have pilchards and threadys on board I always seem to do better with them as well.
    Tight Lines!!!

Unhappy

I was out Friday and went 0 for 1 on sails and a few cutoffs.. Plenty of wind for the kites though, that's for sure.. My buddy was out yesterday and only had one small dolphin to show but didn't have enough wind to put up the kites and had no helium.. I think the fishing has been slow for the last couple days.. As of two weeks ago when corps was out, the bite was much stronger (or at least it was for me and the other reports I heard). Good luck next time..

Nick

Up north near Haulover the day bite has been spot on. Bringing in Kings in the 35-45lb range along with large muttons, dolphin and even cobia.
    Lady Mitchell, Haulover