SAFMC - Orlando - June 14th - Red Snapper reopening?

Florida Sportsman

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Winter Park/Melbourne Beach Florida
    Posts
    147

    Exclamation SAFMC - Orlando - June 14th - Red Snapper reopening?

    Thursday June 14th 5:30 pm
    Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
    5445 Forbes Place
    Orlando, FL 32812

    agenda

    Public comment will be accepted on (1) Snapper Grouper Amendment 18B, (2) Resubmittal of Action 4 in Snapper Grouper Amendment 18A, (3) Golden Crab Amendment 6, (4) Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 11 and (5) a Red Snapper Emergency Rule; ; followed by public comment regarding any other items on the Council agenda.

    Basically, the Council will review total removals of red snapper (dead discards) that have occurred during 2010 and 2011 under the current moratorium at its June 11-15, 2012 meeting, and consider whether some harvest of red snapper is feasible at this time. If the Council determines removals of red snapper through discarding are below the total removals allowed under the rebuilding plan, the Council may choose to allow harvest of red snapper.The numbers will be reviewed during the Council’s Snapper Grouper Committee meeting earlier in the week and the committee will provide its recommendation to the full Council. The public comment session is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Thursday, June 14th.
    It is incredibily important that we make a huge showing for this comment period!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thursday June 14th 5:30 pm
    Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
    5445 Forbes Place
    Orlando, FL 32812

    agenda

    Public comment will be accepted on (1) Snapper Grouper Amendment 18B, (2) Resubmittal of Action 4 in Snapper Grouper Amendment 18A, (3) Golden Crab Amendment 6, (4) Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 11 and (5) a Red Snapper Emergency Rule; ; followed by public comment regarding any other items on the Council agenda.

    Basically, the Council will review total removals of red snapper (dead discards) that have occurred during 2010 and 2011 under the current moratorium at its June 11-15, 2012 meeting, and consider whether some harvest of red snapper is feasible at this time. If the Council determines removals of red snapper through discarding are below the total removals allowed under the rebuilding plan, the Council may choose to allow harvest of red snapper.The numbers will be reviewed during the Councilís Snapper Grouper Committee meeting earlier in the week and the committee will provide its recommendation to the full Council. The public comment session is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Thursday, June 14th.
    It is incredibily important that we make a huge showing for this comment period!

    Thanks for your diligence.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Caribbean Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Merritt Island
    Posts
    234
    O-please reopen the fishery. it has never been better.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunny Central east coast
    Posts
    1,382
    Re-open it but lets take it off commercial and make recreational only and the threat of colapse will NOT ever happen again.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by saltybum View Post
    Re-open it but lets take it off commercial and make recreational only and the threat of colapse will NOT ever happen again.
    That is so simple but they say thats not fair to the commercial guys which is total BS

  6. #6
    Senior Member jakedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canaveral Groves, Fl
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by optimistic Angler View Post
    That is so simple but they say thats not fair to the commercial guys which is total BS
    Why should they get a bigger piece of a public resource? Are they better Americans than the rest of us? Total BS is right.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thursday June 14th 5:30 pm
    Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
    5445 Forbes Place
    Orlando, FL 32812

    agenda

    Public comment will be accepted on (1) Snapper Grouper Amendment 18B, (2) Resubmittal of Action 4 in Snapper Grouper Amendment 18A, (3) Golden Crab Amendment 6, (4) Snapper Grouper Regulatory Amendment 11 and (5) a Red Snapper Emergency Rule; ; followed by public comment regarding any other items on the Council agenda.

    Basically, the Council will review total removals of red snapper (dead discards) that have occurred during 2010 and 2011 under the current moratorium at its June 11-15, 2012 meeting, and consider whether some harvest of red snapper is feasible at this time. If the Council determines removals of red snapper through discarding are below the total removals allowed under the rebuilding plan, the Council may choose to allow harvest of red snapper.The numbers will be reviewed during the Councilís Snapper Grouper Committee meeting earlier in the week and the committee will provide its recommendation to the full Council. The public comment session is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Thursday, June 14th.
    It is incredibily important that we make a huge showing for this comment period!
    Keep it closed for a little while longer give them more time to multiply and grow even bigger and when it does open it will be an even bigger and better fishery. You guys need to practice delayed gratification.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •