New In Sarasota - Fishing Pier?

Florida Sportsman

New In Sarasota - Fishing Pier?

I am new here and looking for the larger city piers. Are there any in the gulf? I am seeking spanish mackeral and looking for the large piers with bait (elve wives, herring) around them? Can anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? Fished the cortez bridge street pier this weekend but not alot of action there. thanks in advance

Sharky's pier down in Venice is good, and the pier by Marina Jack downtown is a good shot as well. Just wondering, what are elf wives?
    Optimism is the greatest trait a fisherman can possess.

You also have the Skyway bridge pier. That is the longest around here. You have the north side as well as the south side
    http://skywaypiers.com/

elfs wives... aka elves wives, LY's... like manhadden... thanks for the info

Anna Maria city pier or Rod and Reel pier are good choices and provide great access to Tampa Bay....good luck, man.
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat"........

There are 2 piers located next to ringling bridge. then there is albee road bridge in venice which is good for snook at night also there is sharkys in venice and the two jeti's which are good durring the summer. If you head to ana maria there is the city pier and my favorite the rod and real pier.