0 for 3 on tarpon

Florida Sportsman

0 for 3 on tarpon

Went out late last night after reading backwaterstalkers report and got some ladyfish and pilchards. All runs were on cut ladyfish on bottom. They didn't want the pilchards one was pushing 100 easy had him on for a few minutes then popped off. I had no hits it was my buddy that hooked up with them all. Tarpon are definitely here in good numbers they were rolling all over the place in the Marco river.

Nothing like trying. Thanks for the report.

Nice report...how should I target ladyfish?

www.Tri-TownConstruction.com

Let's turn this economy around! BUY AMERICAN!

if your going out at night look for some at residential docks or bridges if you see enough and think you can get a net on them that would be your quickest way. if not use something small with treble hooks if you dont use treble hooks they will jump off and it gets frustrating when your trying to keep them for bait. rat-l-traps or twitchin raps work great
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekilla View Post
    Nice report...how should I target ladyfish?

You will see the ladfish at the edges of the residential lights. You cant mistake them. THey are the ones that only dart around out where the shadow line is. They are the goofy little guys that arent snook, jack, catfish or tarpon. You can cast small whit flies, or like mentioned above a small lure with lots of hooks. Remember you dont need them alive so the more hooks you can hit them with the better. reel them in as fast as you possibly can and repeat until you have a few. Hard to beat half of a 12-15 inch ladfish soaked on the bottom. The tarpon in the passes love them, as do some seriously oversized snook. Use large pieces (like half the fish) otherwise the sailcats will grab them all night. And when the tarpon are thick in the passes....set the clicker, and enjoy the dang show that is GOING to take place.

Thanks guys....Ill be out just about every evening this week...will post reports soon.

www.Tri-TownConstruction.com

Let's turn this economy around! BUY AMERICAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamekilla View Post
    how should I target ladyfish?
    If you're anything like me, target snook and redfish and you'll be covered in em

Quote Originally Posted by Chuddybuckrivet View Post
    If you're anything like me, target snook and redfish and you'll be covered in em
    True story here!