matanzas and villano epic fail

Florida Sportsman

matanzas and villano epic fail

Today me and some friends went fishing. we decided to go to the matanzas bridge. It was beyond windy. It was like fishing in the desert in the middle of a sand storm. then wr decided to go to the Villano pier. To make a long story shot, i think I got wind burn and zero fish in my freezer. Note to self, never bring as much stuff as we did to matanzas bridge. My back hurts from carrying that ***** and will never do that again, well, until I do it again.

That wind sucks for sure. Not sure how often you fish but a cart is a life saver big time!!

Small investment to carry all your crap easier if you have room to carry it.
    Dave
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com

Believe me I know. I used to have one but someone stole it. Today just sucked. Ohwell tomorrows another day.

what time did you get to the bridge the wind did not pick up till around 1-2-- we all been there and done that-- was there any one else fishing the bridge are at the pier

Oh man someone stole it!! That would really piss me off
    julington creek carpet care

www.jccarpetcare.com

We got to matanzas around 4 because we had planned to stay through the night there were maybe 5 people fishing off of the bridge but that wad it. Villano was pretty much the same. Just a crappy day for fishing

i don't know what kind of gear you have but i let things com down a bit weather wise and focus on mantanzas inlet drive on ramp just befor the bridge its simple fishing you can drive on the beach are just park and walk maybe 2 are 3 hundred feet to the beach-- rods and reels are not that inportant as the tide- rigs- and baits are but if you have 2 are 3 rods you are going to need some sand spikes ---weather permitting I can take a 7 ft creek rod 2 hours befor high and work it through the tide change with a store bought double drop rig about $1;50(walmart-strike zone) and a small wired sinker with clam and shrimp you are going to get some whiting some blues for sure along with a pompano are a drum--- that ramp is call the mantanzas inlet ramp across from the fort
    Last edited by The baron; 04-07-2012 at 11:41 PM.